Information Center Analyst
This position will be part of the Server, Storage, Backup Services Team supporting Christiana Care Health Services and will provide primary support for the enterprise backup and SAN platforms. The Enterprise Backup and Storage platforms are key to our Server and DR service delivery within Christiana Care. These systems have to be highly reliable and available 24x7 and must function at peak efficiency as the organization is highly dependent on it for enterprise support.
The individual applying for this position should have experience with supporting backup and SAN infrastructure and be very familiar with systems running on a Microsoft platform using SQL Server, virtual Web Servers along with other Microsoft core components such as Server OS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Authentication and DNS. A strong technical background in application and server support is a must.
This position will also be responsible for working within a team and requires excellent personnel communication skills. Proven experience with collaborating with analysts and engineers to understand their needs and being able to translate those needs into deliverable solutions is required. The individual applying for this position needs to be able to demonstrate strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
This position will be part of a team that provides not only the Backup and Storage Services but also entire Server and Infrastructure Services to the organization and would be expected to gain understanding and support of these services as well. This positon requires on call to support these services and is rotated among the team members.
Christiana Care is undergoing a migration to a new backup and recovery system and this individual would be expected to play a key role in helping to integrate and market these new services based on customer needs. Previous experience collaborating with technical project teams to successfully deploy proven solutions would be expected.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience is required. 3-5 years of experience with supporting infrastructure systems is highly desirable. Previous Healthcare experience highly desired.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Ability to manage and maintain the current NetBackup environment
- Ability to manage and maintain the current SAN environment
- Ability to manage and maintain Brocade Director switches
- Ability to work closely with business requirements to meet timely project schedules
- Ability to deploy, support and maintain production Windows platforms in a diverse environment
- Ability to perform tasks such as detailed design, installation, configuration and upgrading of servers
- Ability to maintain operating systems, firmware and hardware through regular maintenance.
- Ability to Perform troubleshooting, incident and problem management to meet service level objectives
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge in server hardware and hands-on experience, especially HP
- Ability to lift computer and printer equipment of varying weights from floor level to working heights, as well as move/transport such equipment.
- Ability to Demonstrate knowledge in VMware infrastructure methodologies, performance tuning, capacity planning, and issue diagnosis (ESXi, vCenter, HA, DRS, VDS, AutoDeploy, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge in Microsoft Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 operating systems for physical and virtual platforms. Knowledge of departmental policies, procedures, and operations.
- Ability to review critical vendor platform advisories, assess their potential impact to our existing infrastructure, and suggest steps to remediate. Skill in analyzing and interpreting advanced user problems
- Ability to coordinate scheduled and unscheduled system outages, upgrades.
- Ability to mentor and assist team members on new technology and methods of providing support.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with many people both internal and external to Christiana Care.