The Information Assurance Security Specialist Lead provides superior customer service PKI Support in direct support of customer certificate issues and PKI system related issues located in Springfield, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the agency’s efforts to manage and monitor Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Programs in accordance with applicable Department of Defense and Intelligence Community policy for PKI and PK Enabling. This support includes the following activities:
- Serve as a PKI Registration Authority, responsible for creating, recovering and revoking PKI credentials (soft and hard tokens) on all applicable networks (non-CAC tokens only) in accordance with DoD and IC Certificate Practice Statements.
- Conduct face-to-face user validation for the issuance of PKI certificates.
- Provide training on PKI operations and the use of PKI certificates.
- Support development, maintenance, and management of PKI policies in accordance with the Directives and Instructions.
- Maintain awareness of and competency with new and developing PKI authentication protocols, specifications, techniques, and standards, including but not limited to public key cryptographic key standards, certificate management protocols, and certificate validation.
- Coordinate and resolve Information Assurance related trouble tickets in connection with PKI issues such as certificate issuance, middleware problems or problems related to the Sub-Certificate Authority.
- Create PKI related installation and training documentation.
- Engage in supervisory responsibilities.
- Work shift work: Core hours 12 X 5
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years relevant experience OR
- Associate degree and 10+ years relevant experience OR
- 12+ years relevant experience
- Operational experience with ServiceNow
- Experience in the Intelligence Community
- IASAE I: CASP+ CE, CISSP (or Associate), CSSLP required upon hire
- TS/SCI clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and other applications)
- Experience working in a home office setting
- Ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone
- Good phone skills, professional demeanor, and previous customer service experience strongly desired
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.