As an Information Assurance/Security Engineer you will:
- Provide critical support in protecting our country.
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals who have the desire for success and a relentless interest in providing a positive customer experience to complement a cohesive team of professionals.
- Continue growing and perfecting your security engineer skills.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of an Information Assurance/Security Engineer:
- Lead complex DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation DIACAP and RMF efforts as implemented by the Department of the Navy.
- Utilize specialized understanding of the Risk Management process, specifically related to Information Assurance.
- Provide Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- Assist with the DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Process.
- Assist with of the Federal Information Assurance Management Act (FISMA) Process.
- Utilize your past success with SCI accreditation efforts and the accreditation process as implemented by the Office of Naval Intelligence.
- Provide support using Shore Network Architecture.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
WINNER NATIONAL TOP WORKPLACE AWARD 2021
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Clearance: TS/SCI
- Education: Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) from an accredited college or university in Cyber-security, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- Certification(s): Department of Defense Information Assurance Workforce (IAWF ) requirements for Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level III.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience working in the Information Assurance Career field.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience performing DIACAP/RMF security assessments in support of accreditations for the Navy/Navy Organizations.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience supporting system Trusted Agent for the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI).
- Minimum of five (5) years experience leading accreditation efforts for Navy systems and Certification as a Navy Validator.