Information Assurance Engineer
Job ID 2904
Basic Qualifications & Education:
• 6 years of experience in Information Technology.
• 3 years experience performing specialized IT security duties (see req. qualifications).
• 3 years of specialized experience in Information Assurance.
• Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field; 4 years additional experience lieu of a degree.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills to address variable situations.
• General knowledge of industry security requirements, standards, and best practices.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to document processes and write comprehensive security recommendations.
• Professional attitude, able to to communicate and interact with individuals at all levels across various information technology and business sectors.
• Strong organizational, project management, and customer service skills. Ability to act in the best interest of the client both within a team and self-directed.
• DOD 8570.01 IAT Level ll (or higher) Certification
- Security+CE, GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-Security
Security Clearance: Minimum Public Trust, Secret Preferred.
• Ability to perform Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Familiarity with eMASS or similar systems managing accreditation packages for medium to large networks.
• Specialized experience with ACAS (Assured Compliance Assessment Solution), Tenable Nessus, Retina, or similar vulnerability scanning tools.
• Expert knowledge of NIST, CNSS, RMF, DOD policies on Information Technology and Information Assurance.
• Experience accrediting a network resulting in an Authority to Operate (ATO) under RMF.
• Specialized experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) IA tasks to include:
- Network Architecture Documentation
- Network Boundary Diagrams
- Conducting Risk Analysis
- Scanning and Remediation
- Creating Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Auditing IT technologies for STIG Compliance
• Expert-level knowledge of IT security protocols, tools, and systems. Specialized experience in one or more of the following:
- Systems security
- Network security
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems
- Vulnerability and Risk Assessments
- Incident Response systems
- Anti-virus products
- Other security software and tools
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the overall security posture of the network
- Responsible for conducting scans and remediation of vulnerabilities in the local enclave
- Lead projects as the security representative; ensure adherence to security requirements and processes
- Analyze vulnerabilities and craft plans and mitigation statements to meet compliance requirements
- Provide reporting metrics to management to assist with policy and direction
- Perform self-assessment activities using current assessment technologies, e.g. PGD, Retina, AppDetective, WebInspect, ACAS.
- Ensure compliance with Communications Tasking Orders (CTO) and Warning Orders (WARNORDS) issued by JTF-GNO and DISA.
- Conduct STIG compliance audits on various technologies to include desktop operating systems, servers, active directory, network devices, applications, databases, etc.
- Monitor and report as well as advise and design systems to enhance or to increase the Security level of the environment and support the TMA mission.
- Create and document proactive processes to monitor and detect threats and trends in the environment
IntelliDyne, LLC is seeking an experienced Security Engineer for our client’s Network Operations. Information Systems Assurance and Security is a paramount concern for Businesses and Organizations across the globe today. The client’s networksupports close to 2500 users, including workstations, more than 200 Enterprise Servers, and 250 network devices. We host the client Intranet as well as data and applications critical to the Department of Defense mission ensuring the availability and security of all assets maintained by the Network Operations Center (NOC). To facilitate the mission and meet the Security requirements the Network Operations Security Engineer will organize and manage the processes and tasks relating to the Security of the Information Systems in the environment and coordinate these efforts with the Information Assurance Officer. The Security Engineer will be a subject matter expert on all DISA and DoD Regulations governing the Network and be able to provide guidance and interpretation of all Directives and Information Systems Policies. The Security Engineer will work directly with the NOC Engineering group to assist with configuration and implementation of Security related controls and Security policy interpretation.