Strategic HR Outsourcing Solutions (SOS HR) is a boutique RPO (Recruiting Process Outsourcing) firm specializing in all areas of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition/Recruiting. Our core expertise is in the area of HR Consulting, Staff Augmentation, Recruiting from A – Z, and Professional Services.
We attribute our record of growth to our thriving base of highly motivated, results-driven management team, employees, and consultant. If you have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, great customer service and the willingness to learn, then we want to talk to you!
We have a customer that has the below need for a perm position at the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Aberdeen, Maryland. Must possess a minimum of an active Secret clearance.
Join our client’s team to help provide technical engineering services for the support of integrated security systems and solutions.
Key Job Functions:
Our client seeks an experienced Information Assurance Specialist to provide technical expertise to help design, develop, and recommend integrated security system solutions that will ensure proprietary and confidential data and systems are protected.
In this role, you will:
- Event logging and analysis for a Defensive Cyber Infrastructure, Accreditation Cyber Forensic analytic capabilities
- Provide subject matter expertise in the provision of information assurance (IA) support for certification and accreditation (C&A), DIACAP or RMF accreditation package and artifact generation, requirements analysis, security test and evaluation (ST&E) plans and execution, risk assessments, systems analysis and hardening, incident response and policy analysis, trusted product evaluations, IA program assessments, and security posture presentations
- Provide analytical support for the development and submission of C&A documentation in compliance with the DIACAP or RMF requirements
- Apply knowledge of technology, analyze the security implications of systems and applications security
- Provide recommendations to decision-makers and engineers
- Provide experience-based advice and assistance to facilitate C&A efforts
- Configure and validate secure complex systems and test security products and systems to detect security weakness
- Provide work leadership to junior employees
- Analyze and/or administer security controls for information systems in lab and field environments
- Ensure designs meet applicable security technical implementation guides (STIGs)
- Conduct engineering vulnerability assessment of systems utilizing DoD approved IA tools (ACAS) and DISA STIGs
- Research, interpret, and provide technical policy guidance pertinent to information and system security
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
- Knowledge with network vulnerability scanners (e.g. Retina, ACAS, Nessus)
- Knowledge with patch management software (e.g. WSUS, SCCM, SMS, Hercules, etc.)
- Experience with information assurance certification and accreditation
- Experience with reviewing government guidance, including task orders, directives, STIGs, or IAVAs for applicability and implementation
- Experience with vulnerability assessments using various scanning tools
- Experience with performing, interpreting, and reporting vulnerability assessments
- Experience with developing and presenting, orally and in writing, technical information to non-technical audiences and clients
- Knowledge of computer networking and network-based information assurance devices
An individual must meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- US. Citizen
- Pass a background investigation
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Cyber Security or related technical field preferred (experience can be substituted for educational requirements)
- Possess a Secret clearance
- Top Secret clearance preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience with providing information assurance support, documenting compliance, or evaluating IA security posture in a DoD environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Security+ CE Certification
- Operating System Certification (Windows10, Server 2012 or Linux)
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
· Up to 5% travel
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.