Grainger is North America's leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers' operations running and their people safe.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger. Position Details:
You will perform an essential function in Product Information building and optimizing our backbone taxonomy and attribute models. This backbone data model serves as the foundation for two purposes: backward facing as the collection model for our suppliers and forward facing as the starting point for our digital merchandising teams building experiences for our customers.
Essential to all our Merchandising and Product Information workflows, you will help ensure all of Grainger's physical products are easily understood in a digital setting through appropriate classifications and well-defined by the product information metadata including attributes and values.
You will report to the Manager, Product Information.You Will:
- Lead and define appropriate capture, publishing and maintenance of taxonomies, attributes and values
- Oversee and ensuring the product specific attributes and controlled vocabulary align to product domain and enterprise standards
- Lead tracking, validating, and analyzing taxonomy changes
- Support all processes in Product Information, Category Reviews, New Product Introduction and Maintenance ensuring highest quality product information results
- Communicate the impact of data changes and new product additions to merchants
- Collect and analyze metrics/usage data; use results of data analysis to inform design decisions
- Define, execute & document enterprise standards, models, and guidelines including metadata architecture and methods for classification (e.g. taxonomies, ontologies, tagging, etc).
Rewards and Benefits:
- 3+ years' experience in information architecture, taxonomies, ontologies, product information, product content and other related digital UX disciplines
- BS/BA degree in engineering, library sciences. (MLIS) preferred
- Experience with e-commerce businesses preferred in B2B Manufacturing or Distribution
- Ability to drive action through the activity of others
- Understanding of Product Information systems including Product Information Management, Taxonomy Management and other related systems
- Demonstrated experience in driving results through a diverse set of business processes and problem solving (results driven)
- Ability to present complex technical and metadata information to multiple technical and non-technical audiences
- Data analysis experience
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.