Waters is currently looking to add a member of the Waters Laboratory Informatics department. The position is a Solution Specialist who will be responsible for providing technical expertise for the range of Waters laboratory informatics software products. These software products include Empower Chromatography Data System, NuGenesis and future Waters Informatics Products. This individual will be involved in both pre-sales and post-sales field operations. One of the key responsibilities will be the scoping and developing (prototypes) application solutions for customers.
This is a field based position and can be located anywhere in the United States, however ideally on the East Coast.
- Work closely with the Regional Informatics Services Manager and Sales Representative during the pre-sales operation to introduce, prototype and demonstrate Waters laboratory informatics products and/or application solutions to prospective customers. The Solution Specialist must understand the technology, industry environment and the sales process.
- Coordinate during the post-sales operation with the customer and other parties to plan, develop and implement the installation of Waters laboratory informatics products and/or application solutions.
- Demonstrate standard features and functions of Waters Informatics products to a diverse audience.
- Project management skills and the ability to communicate at diverse levels of the organizational chart.
- Communicate with both technical system administrators and non- technical managers or directors.
- Create and give technical presentations based on customer environments
- Create a framework of a solution using combination of existing applications and enhancements through an application's SDK or API
- Explain and present difficult concepts and solutions on a whiteboard
- Coordinate and conduct end-user and advanced customer training on Waters Laboratory Informatics products
- Accurately document technical issues and follow the teams methodology procedures and fully document all aspect of the solution developed, including User Requirements Specification, Functional Specifications, Statement of Work, Code Reviews, User Manuals, Training Documentation, IQ and OQ validation documents
- Install a multi platform suite of products including Oracle Databases, Web Servers and application servers.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues independently.
- BA/BS Degree from an accredited university required.
- 5 + years experience in a technical role, preferably with a customer service orientation.
- Experience supporting scientific application software in an enterprise-wide environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle database administration
- Previous experience scoping and developing applications as it relates to EDMS, LIMS, ELN or CDS and/or other application systems used in the pharmaceutical, biotech, chemical or specialty chemical industries preferred.
- Previous experience supporting Empower Chromatography Data System or NuGenesis strongly preferred.
- Expertise in at least two of the following server platforms: Windows 2008, Windows 2003, Windows 7, Windows 10, UNIX preferred
- Expertise with one of the following languages: C#, Visual Basic, Visual Studio.NET, Visual Basic for Applications, JAVA, and SQL/plus preferred.
- Knowledge of UNIX, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX preferred.
- GLP, GMP, GxP and 21 FDA CFR11 knowledge preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel at least 20% or more.
Req. # 8568