Job ID R-302742
The purpose of the Informatics Sales Specialists is to meet or exceed financial goals for the respective territory by promoting, demonstrating and selling BD Diagnostics Informatics products as part of the broader instrument solution to hospitals and reference labs by coordinating with DAEs, MSAs, and Strategic Accounts sales coverage within the territory.
- Provide technical and clinical applications expertise in the field organization for the Informatics products
- Utilize technical and clinical applications expertise to help sales executives appropriately position Informatics as part of the broader instrument solution for the lab and maximize solution sales
- Assesses customer data flows to evaluate current state within a healthcare organization, and strategically make recommendations on how to integrate BD solutions
- Ability to clearly communicate BD informatics requirements to customer and discuss any technical concerns the customer might have
- Applies survey methodologies to collect and interpret informatics infrastructure needs and propose appropriate solution to meet customer needs
- Establishes self as the IT, LIS, data privacy, and cybersecurity expert in the area of Clinical laboratory operations
- Works with global DS Informatics teams to review and complete customer IT engagement documents (i.e. security questionnaires, solution deployment, data privacy)
- Must be able to effectively communicate, train and coach team members on procedures, system IT setup and system architecture
- Evaluating and supporting the clinical and IT skills of the full line sales representatives.
- Bachelor's Degreerequired; preferreddegrees in Business, Life Sciences or IT/Telecommunications/Computer Science.
- 7 years work experience of diagnostics industry experience.
- Must have related informatics experience; emphasis on IT or Informatics experience in a Hospital or Healthcare organization.
- Knowledge of HIT interfaces solutions and architecture (HL/7, IHE, CCOW, XML, etc.)
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and data privacy requirements in healthcare
- Advanced knowledge and experience of networking set up and troubleshooting
- Prior healthcare field ITexperience
- Knowledge of security protocols, remote diagnostics and affiliated topics
- Prioritize, analyze and manage multiple inquiries from both internal and external stakeholders
- Drive for standardization of installs, documentation and support
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to challenge the status quo and drive constant process improvement.
- Must be able to work with all levels of internal/external management in a professional manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate capabilities of technical, interpersonal and administrative competency.
- Must be able to travel 70-80% of the time.
- Strong business acumen is a plus
- Knowledge of Microbiology laboratories processes and techniques preferred
- Microsoft, networking or otherIT related certification also preferred