What You Will Do:
Under general supervision manages small to medium projects or specific aspects of larger projects for clinical or business applications in the healthcare environment for the Training teams within Clinical Informatics. Includes organizing and managing teams, developing project plans and schedules, managing issues, risks, costs, managing to schedule and scope and communicating at all levels of the organization.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in healthcare, business administration or related field from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired.
- Three years of project coordination experience in service environment is required.
- Experience in a healthcare, hospital, training, informatics or information technology related field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage small scale project teams. Ability to set up, plan, manage, report and communicate small projects and direct the completion of projects within proper scope, budget and schedule.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically. Demonstrate sufficient understanding of some functions to structure and manage project work. Generate innovative and practical solutions to complex or unusual problems.
- Support client relationship management and oversees IT Training project execution and reporting. Possesses excellent customer service skills.
- Act as lead resource for dealing with project issues, ability to lead projects. Understands appropriate escalation process. Work with the Training team to make decisions considering the degree of impact on areas involved. Demonstrated ability to reach agreement and potential solutions through flexibility and compromise with peers, customer/client, and managers.Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related peripheral equipment is required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Structure and manage projects to meet client expectations, deliver value and minimize potential obstacles and risks. Understand and manage stakeholder needs and build commitment to project solutions that deliver target business value.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary in order to work with all levels within the organization, and produce clear and concise reports of relatively complicated issues.