Clinical Pharmacist - Informatics
The Informatics Pharmacist will be responsible for the development, implementation, support, and use of comprehensive pharmacy information systems.
Role and Responsibilities
The Informatics Pharmacist will provide support to the department director, department managers, and staff by providing data derived from pharmacy technology and automation in helping to make sound operational decisions.
1. Responsible for the information system infrastructure of the pharmacy and hospital-wide interfaces
2. Analyzes needs and develops hardware and software solutions for all pharmaceutical services
3. Orchestrates, conducts, and maintains records of training related to pharmacy automation and technology
4. Serve as a liaison to all technology vendors, IS department, Clinical Informatics, Nursing, Finance, and additional hospital-centric departments as required
5. Otherresponsibilities include but are not limited to, maintaining all databases, formularies, billing, and reporting with respects to the pharmacy
6. Perform the essential functions of a clinical pharmacist
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Pharmacy Information Systems
EXPERIENCE: Experience with information systems applicable to the medication use process including but not limited to electronic medical records, smart pump technologies and databases, automated dispensing cabinets, and CPOE including Standard Order Set builds
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Advanced degree (PharmD or MS) preferred.
Active pharmacist license