We are looking for Informatics Business Analyst for our client in Decatur, GA
Job Title: Informatics Business Analyst
Job Location: Decatur, GA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Under the supervisor of the HIE/MU Project Manager, the Business Analyst will oversee support of production, development and test environments to include day-to-day monitoring and maintenance, problem investigation and resolution, back creation and maintenance, SQL and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) optimization and tuning.
- In addition, the Business Analyst leads effort to research, analyze and recommend resolutions, upgrades and new technologies surrounding all aspects of LIMS.
- The terminology of Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC) and Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine – Clinical Terms (SNOMED CT) to enable exchange of health information across different systems.
- Health Level – 7 (HL7) for transfer of clinical data between multiple applications in various environments and platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory information systems (LIS) ability to store, manage, and send laboratory test orders to lab instruments, tracking of those orders, recording results, and querying the database.
- Ad-hocreporting by means of utilizing SQL.
- Solid ability to: Establish and manage the build of an interface that will connect the health districts utilizing various clinical care systems that would support electronic order submission and resulting.
- Perform various design and testing phase. This will include redesigning laboratory order forms, code audit of LIMS system, LIMS specimen cleaning effort, local code standardization, establishing FTP, and validation.
- Anticipate and identify issues and develop recommendations and courses of action which are consistent with Business objectives and functional requirements.
- Present technical and laboratory information to a non-technical and/or laboratory audience, and an ability to understand and interpret Business requirements.
- Develop and deliver functional/system specifications and be familiar with user-training documents.
- The BA may be asked to coordinate application testing, including the maintaining of test scripts and conducting UAT (sessions, to ensure successful deployment)
- Developing experience of Use Cases for implementation of Application.
- Minimum Required: BachelorDegree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or Health Informatics.
- Identifies laboratory workflows and process issues and concerns, and provides leadership and guidance to define process requirements that optimize performance and technologyutilization by laboratory personnel.
- Experience in Public Sector or Health Related Industry.
- Newborn screening experience with heel stick blood (specimen) collections, testing policies, procedures, and outcomes.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to create relevant reports for a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills to reach agreement on realistic requirements scope and schedule that align to the Business's priorities.
- Confident communicator, with advanced written and oral communications skills.
- Able to interact with multiple vendors on technology solutions and complete fit/gap analysis.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in documenting functional specifications.