We are seeking a talented and motivated data scientist to join the Development Sciences Informatics team. Development Sciences (Dev Sci) is a translational science organization that plays a critical role in Genentech Research and Early Development as well as late stage development of our products at Roche. Dev Sci supportsdrug discovery and development projects across all therapeutic areas from discovery to launch and beyond. We are poised at a unique time when large volumes of complex and varied internal and external data for Dev Sci areas such as Biomarker, PK/PD, Diagnostics, Safety Assessment and Bio-analytical need to be readily accessible to ensure that swift interpretation and decision making can occur. These data impact decisions in ongoing preclinical and clinical programs, and provide key knowledge to inform new target discovery. DevSci Informatics is accountable for leading the strategy and execution around data lifecycle management, data standards, analytics infrastructure, ongoing data operations and informatics systems.
The Informatics Analyst will analyze the large quantity of diverse scientific data that Development Sciences generates in alignment with scientific objectives in Development Sciences.
- Work with scientific stakeholders to access, process, visualize, and analyze large volumes of diverse data
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to support development sciences business needs
- Develop data analysis solutions and communicate results/recommendations to scientists
- Assess and apply new machine learning methods to specific problem domains.
- Collaborate with data management teams to ensure the right data is collected in the optimal format.
- Work with scientists, research associates and clinical scientists, statisticians and database specialists across the company.
- Contribute to best practices on application of advanced analytical techniques
- Maintain expertise and knowledge of technology trend and informatics landscape in our industry. Assess and identify new opportunities to further business objectives.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Advanced understanding of key machine learning concepts and algorithms and experience with applying them towards solving business problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of a scriptinglanguage (e.g., Perl or Python), and a statistical programming environment (e.g., R or SAS) is a must.
- Excellent people and written/verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in teams and collaborate with others to solve challenging business problems
- Prior image and biomarker data analysis, bioinformatics, and publication experience is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with LIMS systems, relational databases, data visualization tools (e.g., Spotfire), are desired.
- MS/Ph.D in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Statistics, or related disciplines with at least 6 years of relevant experience in an academic institution or a pharmaceutical/biotech company.
- Job ID: 201811-126358