Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
The Informatica Developer develops, builds, configures, customizes, integrates, unit tests and documents the components of a technical solution ensuring solutions meet business and technical requirements. Coordinates with Infrastructure engineers and Technical Operations to ensure COTS environments are designed to operate in highly available and reliable environments.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Develops, builds, configures, customizes, integrates and unit tests solutions and creates detailed development designs
• Ensures that solutions meet requirements outlined in the design documentation
• Performs all work to agreed time, cost and quality constraints
• Ensures that developed solutions are peer reviewed and formally documented
• Unit tests solutions to ensure they meet quality standards
• Creates and provides support handover for implemented solutions within agreed time frames, using existing standards
• Investigates opportunities to use new and emerging technologies
• Supports the QA Analyst and Development analyst in both the lab and production for any anomaly with the tool's performance.
• Produces detailed designs for specific application components
• 2+ years of experience in application development or related role including Informatica PowerCenter and Informatica Developer - Informatica Developer developing rules and mappings for Data Quality efforts
• Demonstrated ability to build technical solutions
• Demonstrated knowledge of end-to-end development process (i.e., Unit Testing, Data Testing)
• Technical aptitude in one or more technology domains (Data warehouse and business intelligence concepts)
• Technical expertise in development languages, toolsets and methodologies
• Requires strong knowledge of MS Sql Server, Oracle, MS Visual Studio, Toad or other Sql querying tools
• Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired such as Information Technology or Computer Science
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired