Informatica BI Analyst
Retail / Health & Pharmacy
Our client is in need of a Business Intelligence Engineer for a direct-hire opportunity in Pittsburgh, PA.
This position will be responsible for the design and build of ETL processes using Informatica as the standard tool. The ETL processes will include internal and external data movement following a standardized enterprise data architecture. They will be responsible for supporting day to day needs as well as working as part of project teams on larger initiatives. This person will take requirements from internal IT groups to move and transform data as well as work closely with external vendors to send and receive data files. Some of the core competencies needed for this role include requirements gathering (type of data, file layout, etc.), testing, data quality, and data validation.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to support business needs, following BI development best practices and innovative use of appropriate technologies and systems.
- Work collaboratively with business management and staff to deliver technical solutions that meet customer needs.
- Work effectively with customers in all phases of application development projects, potentially including requirements gathering, design, testing and change management.
- Provide end user support for BI solutions and applications, including investigation and resolution of issues regarding tool functionality and performance.
- Keep abreast of new BI and related technology and trends and assess when and if new technology is needed.
- Participate in quality or process improvement activities, including regular reviews of systems and technology.
- Design and implement modifications or improvements, based on those activities.
- Provide input on strategies and tactics regarding platforms, tools and technical staffing to meet customer needs.
- Provide input to business cases, contracts, project plans, scope of work, status and project summary reports.
- Follow and/or support prescribed project management guidelines. Project management responsibilities include documentation of design and technical testing, as well as managing and negotiating project scope, timelines and developing/defining project deliverables with business customers.
- May provide guidance and direction to other staff and may function as a team leader. May train employees, assign, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Has knowledge of and can apply principles, concepts, practices and processes within department and has at least a basic knowledge of health care and BI solution development practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, math or other related area. In lieu of a degree, relevant experience will be accepted.