About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This position will support rate setting, quality of business and inforce optimization for variable and fixed annuities. The participant will determine the drivers for rate changes and impacts to profitability and communicate results to key stakeholders while becoming an expert and key resource for the team. The participant will work to understand all blocks of annuity business and the impacts they have on profitability and spreads. The participant will also be involved in various analyses relating to financial plan, product design, regulatory requirements, assumption development, and more. This position offers high visibility to management, with opportunities to present up to the SVP level and collaborate both within and across teams.
- Inforce Actions: Recommend and evaluate potential actions on inforce business to optimize VA and FA business. Understand key drivers for customer, sales, persistency and earnings.
- FIA/FA/SPIA/DIA and indexed VA Rate Setting: Develop an in-depth understanding of our current and past FA and VA products and how rates impact sales, profitability and retention. Work with various teams to communicate various aspects of our business including spreads, indexed account movements and shifts with-in the inforce business.
- Financial Plan projections: Project crediting rates and liabilities for the financial plan. Gain an in-depth understanding of what will drive changes in spreads during the financial plan and work with FP&A to communicate to management
- Quality of New Business: Understand and communicate key drivers for Fixed and Variable annuity profitability and ensure
- Actuarial Support: Work with Pricing teams to maintain existing actuarial models and tools, and proactively identify improvements.
- Undergraduate Degree; educational concentration in Accounting is preferred.
- ASA designation required; FSA designation preferred
- 5+ years of actuarial experience preferably in Annuities
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with strong business acumen
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.