Position: Infor ERP ION Applications Analyst/Developer
Location: This position can be performed remotely within the United States.
Working at American Foods Group, LLC (AFG) gives you the unique opportunity to become part of a large, growing company that maintains a down-to-earth atmosphere where the CEO knows you by name. While the position is based at our robust Technology Center in Green Bay, WI, AFG remains a family business, with a long tradition of providing quality meat and agricultural products to our customers. Over the years, we have used our ability to quickly adapt to market conditions to turn challenges into successes. Today, we have over 4,500 employees and operate the fifth largest group of beef-processing companies in the United States. AFG is a place where you can develop your career to the fullest, while working in a friendly environment.
We are seeking full-time, Infor ERP ION Applications Analysts/Developers to join our rapidly growing Information Technology team in Green Bay, WI.
As an Infor ERP ION Applications Analyst/Developer your primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Orchestrating projects and corresponding strategies between business units and development teams.
- Spearheading design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Reviewing and analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Establishing the scope and parameters of systems analysis to define outcome criteria related measures of success.
- Planning, designing, developing, and deploying new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Coordinating and performing in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and post-implementation support.
- Assisting with orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems and mentoring junior staff.
- Creating process, system and data models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers.
- Performing cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Confirming compatibility and interoperability of systems.
- Preparing and delivering reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization.
- Demonstrated experience with Infor ION development, Infor OS, Systems Integration, Microsoft Windows, Networking and, Network hardware, protocols, and standards (including Microsoft Azure).
- Direct, hands-on experience with one or more core Infor Applications, including Infor ERP (CloudSuite), EAM, CRM, PLM, IBP, IDM, IPN, BI, Birst, B2B/Middleware Mapping and Infor OS.
- Proven experience in overseeing or participating in executing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies and business applications.
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC.
- Design, program, test, debug, implement, and document program logic.
- Organize data files and prepare flowcharts of data movement. Document procedures and operation methods. Prepare instructional material for users and complete user training.
Optional Technical Qualifications:
- Additional technical and/or functional experience with the following would be desirable but not required: Infor M3 (Food and Beverage), MEC, Infor Mongoose, .Net/C#.
- Embraces the values of quality, integrity, and mutual success through teamwork.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment while remaining flexible to understand both business and technical perspectives.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals on all levels throughout the organization.
- Excellent planning, time-management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required and communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Familiar with standard Business & IT concepts, practices, and procedures. Willing to perform variety of tasks.
- Experience within manufacturing environments, specific to process manufacturing.
- Ability to work a low volume, rotating on-call schedule.
- Ability to travel to our IT Offices in Green Bay on a periodic basis and to other AFG locations pending business needs.
- Working knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or in area of specialty is preferred.
- Certification(s) in area of specialty is a plus.