Seeking motivated technical professionals who specialize in providing Enterprise Infoblox DDI and related services to Government Agency's internal and external partners and clients with a focus on stability and performance. The Senior DDI Engineer/administrator would require at least 8 to 10 years of directly related experience supporting DDI operations and engineering The position holder will be primarily focused on performing engineering, analytical, investigative and operational functions on Agency DDI environment; activities include Engineering , operation and maintenance of DDI platforms, monitoring, alerting, availability, and recovery.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Investigation and diagnosis of incidents and problems relating to DD I (Infoblox DNS, DHCP, IPAM) and related services.
- Ensure the platforms and services are managed and maintained.
- Help Identify and manage risks within the DDI platform.
- Working with the Government lead and other service areas' Architecture, Engineering & Operations leads and technical specialists, as well as professional services staff from vendors to implement the plan to deliver a strategic DDI platform and migrate all in-scope services from existing platforms.
- Ensure that system improvements and changes are implemented and monitor effects of modifications.
- Define the capacity and performance standards, metrics and thresholds and help build the instrumentation to effectively manage the environment.
- Core DDI Config & Admin (CCDA) certified or within the task 6 months of hire date
- Extensive and recent experience of DNS in a large enterprise (Configuration and Management)
- In-depth knowledge of DNS, NTP, IPAM, BIND, and DHCP.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving, and the ability to, and the ability to debug complex-cross systems problems, and document root cause including remediation and detection
- Demonstrates knowledge of a broad range of technology towers i.e.: Storage, Virtualization, Intel, Networking, Data Center Migration and Disaster Recovery
- Knowledge of risk and controls landscape, ensuring company-wide standards are met
- Participate in change and incident management
- Desired - experience with Microsoft DNS, Dyn, VMWare Automation products (vRO, vRA)
- Hands on experience with Python and APIs
- Self-driven with the ability to manage workload without direct supervision
- Anticipating potential problems and acting to minimize the impact they may have on the project or unit
- Ability to collaborate with different technology towers to achieve common goals
- Ability to manage multiple stands of work simultaneously.
- Executes within a customer-centric environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8570 IAT II CertificationRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma + 8 years
- Associate's Degree + 6 years
- Bachelor's Degree + 4 years
- Master's Degree + 2 yearsAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.