Oshkosh Corporation owns significant assets in the form of information. Some of these assets lose substantial value if they are improperly disclosed, and similar disclosure of other assets could result in significant harm to the organization. This role will support the Global Information Security (InfoSec) Office mission by working with the business as a trusted advisor to reduce information security risks to acceptable levels. Specifically, by acting as the organization’s mechanism to appropriately identify, select, maintain, and improve information security controls by using risk based approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
• Participate in the Security Incident Response Team (SIRT). Help SIRT to employ strategy, standards, processes and technology to detect, respond and recover from security incidents and to limit the impact of any such occurrence or reoccurrence by using risk-based triage.
• Serve as a security resource in network or application design, operating systems, endpoint protection, mobile devices, and foundational InfoSec technical controls. Maintain and roadmap InfoSec hosted systems (e.g. SIEM, DLP_ and drive continuous improvements.
• Participate in the Global InfoSec Risk Management Program including Global Threat & Vulnerability Management, Global Insider Threat Management, Data Governance, Cloud Security, Supplier Risk Management, Global Security Policies, and InfoSec Governance & Compliance.
• Work with other functional area analysts and project teams to ensure InfoSec policies/standards are part of designs to mitigate identified risk sufficiently, while meeting business objectives and regulatory requirements. Develop process improvements and manage Key Performance Indicators.
• Contribute to the InfoSec risk model, and in coordination with other functional teams (e.g. HR, Finance, IT, Engineering), establish plans to securely manage the cyber risks associated with business activities and technical implementations.
• Ensure that business and technical requirements are aligned to policy and are implemented within regulatory and contractual compliance. Advocate for cyber risk mitigation during planning sessions and implementation of new services.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to business functional area (e.g. Finance, HR, Engineering) and/or internal IT resources (such as infrastructure, applications, IT services).
• Maintain detailed awareness of all aspects of information security governance, risk, and compliance, including PCI, SOX, and HIPAA requirements for information systems and industry best practices; such as, NIST 800-53, ISO 2001, COBIT, NIST 800-171, etc.
• Contribute or Lead forensic investigations/analysis, including collaboration with governmental agencies, as needed.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent.
• Six (6) or more years of Information Security experience.
• Experience with Network protocols (TCP/IP), network apps and services, sniffers, DLP, and understanding network security issues.
• Experience with Host/System security issues including identifying, analyzing and mitigating security vulnerabilities and weaknesses (malicious code, implementation flaws, hardening, etc.).
• Experience with data governance, vulnerability, DLP, and risk management systems.
• Experience identifying intruder techniques (new vulnerability, attack vectors, exploits, etc.).
• In-depth knowledge and experience with Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems.
• Experience maintaining incident records (writing threat and risk assessments).
• Experience with a scripting language.
• Experience communicating conceptual and technical information both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, external clients).
• Experience with projects or issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and lines of business.
• Hold an active or can obtain a U.S. Government Secret level or above clearance.
• Relevant industry recognized certifications (CISSP, CEH, GIAC, Security+, etc.).