Info Security Analyst II - Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC)
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Information Security covers the development and management of security strategies, policies and programs to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls. Priorities include: mitigating and managing cybersecuritythreats, ensuring systems availability, aligning with global regulatory risk and compliance requirements, managing systems and network complexity, and partnering with businesses for better technology delivery by providing advice on technology controls.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We need someone to provide research, evaluation, assessment, operational, reporting and analytical support for Technology Controls and Information Security programs and initiatives. Your ability to provide sound advice and guidance will prove instrumental as you grow in this role.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Conduct Real-time analysis on identified cyber incidents currently impacting the bank’s operations.
- Analyze, triage and remediate security incidents internally and/or escalate to Cyber Security Incident Response team (CSIRT) for further investigation, treatment or support if needed.
- Manage intake of incidents and reports from internal customers through internal ticketing system in a timely accurate manner in order to resolve a multitude of information security related situations.
- The ability to identify and triage and remediate security incidents such as Malware, Phishing and Web Attacks is preferred.
- The CSOC Security Analyst is responsible for supporting the event log monitoring, analysis needs of customers.
The personnel in this role will work as part of a cybersecurity operations team responsible for carrying out 24×7 on-site security monitoring operations
- Participate in computer security incident responses relevant to business (or enterprise wide), represent your respective position to the business while conveying their needs to the incident response team.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, technology control standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Contribute to internal activity and process review, flag windows for improvement.
- Follow relevant enterprise frameworks and methodologies.
- Influence behavior to reduce risk, foster a strong technologyrisk management culture.
- Support development and/or implementation of standards, policies, procedures, and solutions that mitigate risk and maximize security, service availability, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assess, identify and escalate issues appropriately where required.
Other duties as assigned
• Driving Requirements:
• Travel Requirements:
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- University Degree.
- Information Security Certification or Accreditation an asset.
- 3-5years of relevant experience.
- Firm commitment to staying informed and abreast of emerging issues, industry trends etc.
- Sound knowledge of one or more technology controls or security domains, disciplines and practices.
- Sound knowledge of organization, technology controls and securityrisk issues.
- Ability to participate and provide advice / guidance on projects of low to moderate complexity within your own area of expertise.
- Strength in prioritizing and managing your own workload to deliver quality results and meet timelines under guidance of management.
PreferredQualifications – Here are thepreferredqualifications for this role:
- Knowledge of security incident and event management, log analysis, Network traffic analysis, Malware investigation and remediation, SIEM correlation logic and alert generation.
- Ability to perform analysis and reporting on information from multiple data sources using data mining technique for the purpose of documenting analysis results, produce report and present to a technical and executive stakeholders.
- Understanding of Security principles, techniques and technologies such as SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls and OWASP Top 10.
- Basic programming skills in various disciplines including scriptinglanguages.
- Knowledge of SIEM solution such as RSA Security Analytics, ArcSight, LogRhythm, QRadarr , Splunk or similar.
- Completion of at least one of the following preferred: GIAC (GCIA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GSEC), CCNP, CCNA, CISSP