Job Description :
This position is for an IA Engineer to be a member of the Western Range Modernization Network (WMN) team. The Information Assurance Engineer is responsible for working closely with the Chief Engineer, Information Assurance Lead, Systems Engineering, and each development (Integrated Product Team (IPT)) to ensure that IA is “built in” from the start.
IA is responsible for ensuring that the design and implementation meets all security/IA requirements. IA will maintain the site Systems Security Plans, and will help the Government to develop or update the plans as needed for the delivered system.
IA will use the Risk Management Framework to categorize the new system and identify needed security controls for each component of the new network. IA Engineer will be responsible for conducting scanning and hardening of all WMN supplied equipment.
IA Engineer will work with the IA Lead and the accreditation authority to get Interim Authority to Test (IATT) for the developed system, and to ensure successful Assessment and Authorization (A&A) of the delivered system to achieve Authority To Operate (ATO).
- Works with the IA Lead to determine program/product information assurance and security standards.
- Works with the IA Lead to develop and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization.
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
System Integration, Project Management, Technical presentations, Strong understanding of DoDI 8500.2 IA Implementation, Certification and Accreditation, CISSP Certified, Strong verbal and written communications skills
Range systems knowledge, MS Office Products, Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)