Infinera - High Speed Board Design
· Develop advanced high density printed circuit board (PCB) for Infinera’s next generation coherent PIC (Photonic Integrated Circuit) and DSP modules
· Design, simulate, analyze, characterize electrical performance of the above electronic circuits
· Write with clarity detailed hardware functional specification, test plan, and test reports
· Supervise PCB placement and layout
· Work closely with cross functional product development teams in PIC module, ASIC, firmware, mechanical, and test software
In addition, the successful candidate will have a specific focus towards high speed serial link (SerDes) architecture and circuit assignments. These include:
· Design, layout, and thorough System HW characterization of high speed Integrated SerDes circuits in various channel environments spanning multiple PCBs and high speed connectors
· Evaluation and selection of SerDes interconnect PHY topologies, transmitter and receiver capabilities, parameter tuning, and related clocking / power supply considerations to meet critical performance and robustness objectives
· Development and documentation of hardware requirements and specifications for system switch fabric architectures and subcomponents (chassis and card).
· Perform circuit simulation, in-lab testing, and methodical characterization of SerDes circuits
· Design with high emphasis on noise, jitter, and signal crosstalk suppression
· Design with high emphasis on compact size/miniaturization appropriate for dense boards with multiple optical/electronic channels in parallel.
· Work with and drive suppliers to optimize tuning parameters and perform root cause/corrective action of defects and under-performing links. Suppliers would include both external vendors and internal (INFN ASICs).
Scope a project and technically manage it across organizational boundaries. Needs good communication skills and ability to analyze/present data and determine/drive next steps. High Speed Serial link Board design - Extensive experience in high density, miniaturized PCB design for the high speed analog, digital, and power electronic circuits used for coherent optical transmitter and receiver modules
· Past experience in electronic circuit design of optical transceiver modules such as CFP2, CFP, QSFP, XFP is desirable
· Fundamental understanding of circuit theory, linear system theory, electronic noise suppression, transmission line theory
· Proficiency with one or more engineering tools like ICAP, Matlab, PSPICE, Cadence PCB SI, and lab measurements such as VNA and TDR
· Experience of designing and debugging SerDes circuits with Tx pre-emphasis and Rx equalization techniques
M.S. or B.S. degree in electricalengineering or physics with minimum 5 years of industry experience