Description: Manages the medical center Infection Prevention Program to ensure activities are directed toward preventing and decreasing healthcare associated infections and improving patient safety across the continuum of care (including hospitals and associated medical office buildings). Participates in the medical center's continuous survey readiness program to maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
- Provides strategic support to achieve high level of quality performance through collaboration with local leaders and regional initiatives and standardization to improve health.
- Accountable for the annual development, implementation, and evaluation of the Infection Prevention goals and objectives, plan, and risk assessment to reduce and control the risk of health care associated infections.
- Collaborates with leadership team to ensure compliance with regulatory and accrediting agency requirements, timely and accurate reporting to Department of Public Health and other external agencies as appropriate.
- Acts as content expert to physician leaders, patient care service leaders and quality leaders to improve patient safety.
- Provides consultation to medical center leaders and staff.
- Actively participates in leadership meetings to ensure alignment of priorities and strategies.
- May provides direct supervision for other Quality department staff.
- Provides direct supervision to Infection Prevention Coordinator(s) and Associate.
- Accountable for departmental budget.
- Co-chairs the Infection Control Committee with the Infectious Disease Chief to provide leadership which will ensure surveillance activities and improvement plans are analyzed, implemented and reported to leadership.
- Collaborates with Occupational/Employee Health to institute measures to protect and preventhealthcareworkers from injuries due to communicable diseases.
- Collaborates with Facility Services to ensure an integrated Environment of Care program.
- Keeps abreast of current scientific literature, recommendations, guidelines, and regulatory requirements which may impact the Infection Prevention Program.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum three (3) years of infection prevention experience in acute health care facility.
- Bachelor's degree in health related field such as nursing, epidemiology, microbiology or public health.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC) required within a year.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated skills in program management, project management, time management, and/or resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change.
- Demonstrated skills in collaborative team work.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytic, and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present educational programs.
- Demonstrated ability to apply adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated computer software application skills such as Lotus Notes, Words, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in Quality/Risk/Patient Safety/Just Culture/Project Management/Leanpreferred.
- Master's degreepreferred in nursing, epidemiology, microbiology, public health or other discipline.
- Valid California license or certification in clinical healthcare discipline such as nursing, clinical laboratory science, or public health preferred.
Job Number: 665709