Industry Strategy - Nonprofit & Higher Education, Managing Consultant
Brief Summary of Role
Appirio is looking for a Managing Consultant to join our Vertical Strategy team and help shape the direction of our thought leadership, services offerings and ecosystem partnerships in the Nonprofit and Higher Education sectors.
- Conduct research into industry and technology trends affecting enterprise colleges, universities and nonprofits to inform practice strategy and investments.
- Based on these industry and technology trends, advise the Solution and Innovations team in the identification and development of new solutions for the higher education market.Partner with Appirio Marketing, Strategy and Delivery teams to develop industry-specific thought leadership and positioning for the practice.
- Collaborate with Appirio Marketing and PR teams on developing content (blog posts, articles, webinars, one-pagers, to promote Appirio to the market.
- Drive ongoing verticalization of the Virtuous Cycle and participate in Virtuous Cycle Diagnostics and similar customer-facing initiatives.
- Support account teams with excellent research, writing and presentations for strategic RFP responses, oral presentations and customer business reviews
- Participate in strategic engagements as an industry SME to bring new ideas to the Appirio customer base
- Research new solution providers entering the vertical to determine whether they are potential partners for the practice. Coordinate an early stage partner program modeled on Appirio’s Salesforce “Product Champions” program.
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
- BS in Computer Science, Software engineering, MIS or Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of on-the-job experience with enterprise-level, cloud-based systems and solutions or web-based system development processes in Higher Education or Enterprise Nonprofit organizations.
- 5+ years of implementation experience with Salesforce
- Experience or familiarity with the nature of nonprofits, colleges and universities - how they operate and their strategic and operational challenges.
- Experience with Salesforce.org solutions (Nonprofit Success Pack, Higher Education Data Architecture, Salesforce Advisory Link), Salesforce.org ecosystem partners (e.g., Affinaquest, UC Innovations, EnrollmentRx, TargetX) and/or Blackbaud solutions is preferred.
- Experience interacting with C-level and key enterprise stakeholders in an advisory capacity
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to work and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams across sales, delivery, operations, etc.
- Travel requirements, up to 50%.