The Successful Industry Strategy Senior Director provides expertise to Infor prospects and customers in support of Infor’s Industry specific Cloud and Software License revenue and customer success (measured by business outcomes delivered to customers) focusing on our full suite of distribution industry solutions. The Strategy Senior Director provides deep domain knowledge to help develop compelling solutions, sales plays and sales collateral / tools / demos to target specific customer needs. The successful Strategy Senior Director uncovers the strategic objectives and business opportunities within the industry and understands the key metrics driving the solution evaluation. Develop trusted advisor status with customers’ executive ranks and execute strategy councils and advisory boards.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Leverage significant industry and domain expertise to drive strategic decision-making in GTM efforts with at least 15 years of relevant experience. Understand industry trends and direction relating to the evolving workforce and workplace.
- Leadership role for large multi-product suite opportunities – designing, orchestrating and delivering high level “big picture” presentations as required
- Deep analysis of the industry to determine what are the best solutions and conversations to start talking to customers about their needs and what’s keeping them from growing. Work alongside Sales teams to help develop a Strategy to Win
- Segment and target the customer base based on industry, size and proclivity to buy. Gain trusted advisor status with customers and prospects by understanding their business and developing strategies with them to gain tangible benefits to the business using Infor solutions
- Engage with consultants, developers, operational personnel and technology leadership (CTO, CIO, Directors etc.) within prospect organizations establishing a positive customer relationship
- Work collaboratively with Sales teams to orchestrate strategic, opportunity specific, communication channels within internal organization (License Sales, ICS Client Partners, ICS Solution Architects, Solution Consultants, Value Engineers, Product Management)
- Execute sales plays by training sales teams to better understand industry trends and the application of those trends to our prospective customer in their digital journey.
- Develop micro-vertical messaging that aligns with and builds upon Infor’s market and application strategies
- Write white papers, articles, and blogs that align with the micro-vertical messaging and establishes or cements Infor’s position in the marketplace
- Stay current and document industry requirements, standards, trends, drivers and challenges
- What You Will Need:
- Basic Qualifications:
- A deep understanding of the value of Infor’s cloud-bases software solutions while being able to articulate this in sales situations at the highest levels
- Proven ability to influence to “C” level executives with deep relationships and experience /network in the space
- Proven ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and demonstrated initiative in taking ownership for all assigned responsibilities, deliverables and results
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the concepts of, and proven experience in solution selling.
- College/University Degree or equivalent experience
- What Will Put You Ahead?
- Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA or advanced degree
- Minimum of a combination of 15 years’ enterprise software and/or industry experience
- Superior public speaking, presentation, and written communication directed at a technical and business audience at all levels of an organization
- Ability to establish strong relationships and a willingness to collaborate across teams