Salesforce.com is looking for a talented professional and team player with great energy and initiative to fill a key and highly visible leadership role in Alliances and Channels– Industry Partner Solutions, Director Communications & Media.
This role is a critical leadership role as Salesforce.com will be dependent on partners and alliances to support scale and growth across the industries, driving towards a $22 BN company in the next 4-5 years, and as a leader with top clients in these critical industries.
Effective partnering with key stakeholders in the Industry Team, Sales Leadership, Strategic Alliances and Partners is imperative to the success of the role.
The individual will work closely with the leaders of the Salesforce Industries team, Alliances & Channels teams, sales and C-level leaders at critical independent software vendors to drive industry alignment, go-to market/marketing strategies, playbook development, and solution pipeline acceleration with both system integrator (SI) and independent software vendors (ISV) partners.
The role will report up to the Senior Director, Communications & Media Alliances
- Anchor SI/ISV alignment and engagement
- Executive heat maps and priority engagement
- Partner solution prioritization, development, support and roll out
- Industry go-to-market (GTM) planning and build-out with anchor partners
- Establish cadence calls with all “anchor” partners
- Establish cadence calls with key industry leadership to track solutions, playbook and SI/ISV engagement progress
- Execute and support Dreamforce plans for key partners
- Manage standard reports/dashboards for industry business unit and alliance leadership
- On-going GTM plan development and refinement
- Awareness of top industry deals and partners role
- Education to key SI's on priority ISV relationships
- Assistance with ISV Industry program development and partner participation
- Support partner activities across all industry events
- Evangelize SI/ISV industry strategy across multiple internal organizations including sales, marketing, services, and product marketing/management organizations
Experience / Skills Required:
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the Communications & Media industries, and experience engaging with and building SI partnerships in a high growth technology or consulting organization. Experience working on the selling, alliance or consulting side of the business.
The individual must exhibit leadership qualities that inspire teaming and trust to influence multiple LOBs to support Alliances/Partnering Strategies.
- Extensive and progressive experience in software Sales, Alliances, or Consulting
- History of developing and executing partner go-to-market plans
- Communications & Media SI knowledge and professional history
- Successful execution of solution or campaign launches to global sales organization
- C-suite relationship engagement and management
- Strong business development capabilities
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Track record of exceeding metrics
- Management experience
- Experience in and knowledge of the Communications and Media industries
- Excellent spoken and written communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Sound business acumen skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
Experience / Skills Desired:
- CRM/platform and SAAS knowledge a plus
- Secondary/Advanced Degree