As part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. At the Fed, you have the opportunity to become part of an important public service institution whose work touches lives across the globe. It’s a big job and that’s why we need talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference.
The Industry Outreach Advisor supports the priorities of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, the Communications & Outreach Department and the Federal Reserve System. They will produce specialized reports and/or resources and lead action-oriented initiatives. They will create and maintain outreach programs, make presentations and cultivate partnerships in the District with key external stakeholders, including financial institutions, industry professionals, academics, government officials, business and civic leaders, and representatives of other regulatory agencies. They will actively contribute to high-priority initiatives through writing, outreach and analysis. They will guide analysts/specialists on strategies for gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative intelligence.
- Prepares and presents speeches, sharing knowledge of emerging community and economic issues with diverse stakeholder groups
- Builds strategic partnerships and strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Creates, facilitates and/or participates in industry forums and public programs on topics important to the Bank and its external audiences
- Collaborates with internal analysts/specialists and provides training/technical assistance where appropriate
- Produces specialized briefings, essays, articles and reports on issues facing financial institutions and other key industry stakeholders (e.g., economic issues, regulatory issues, developments in the payments system)
- Participates as a key contributor on District and System-wide initiatives
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills for a wide diversity of audiences
- Knowledge of economic and community issues, resources, and stakeholders on a District and System level
- Experience leading others on projects and special teams; team lead, influencer
- Ability to:
- Lead in the development of content, programs, and initiatives
- Conduct outreach to, and maintain strong relationships with, industry stakeholders
- Identify information needs of stakeholder organizations/audiences
- Develop strategic action plans and align with District and System objectives
- Conduct individual research and analyze data on current and emerging issues
- Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, or related field required. MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum work experience of 5+ years in related field
- Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); experience with Tableau and Salesforce preferred
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted
WORK HOURS AND CONDITIONS:
- Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; flexibility/additional hours may be required based on business needs
- Some travel may be required, up to 20%
- Assessments may be required as part of the interview process.
- Based on related education and experience of the selected candidate, this position may be filled at various levels.