- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in customer sales, business development, solution management engineering, or consulting in the manufacturing industry.
About the job
- Experience in customer and relationship management with technology or infrastructure as a service platforms.
- Experience spanning from product management across production planning, manufacturing, distribution, and services in discrete manufacturing.
- Experience participating in digital transformation programs for manufacturing customers, as a business consultant or working directly for manufacturing companies.
- Ability to engage with both developer audiences as well as executive-level IT and business leaders.
- Ability to meet and exceed goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation, and strategic and analytical thinking skills.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business - all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers - developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies - see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As an Industry Development Manager, you will advocate for the Google Cloud Platform, promoting technology for business innovation. You'll introduce Google Cloud Platform to our customers, drive awareness in the developer and startup community, and leverage and build the Google Cloud Platform partner ecosystem within the discrete manufacturing industry.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems. Responsibilities
- Take on a key role in shaping local go-to-market strategy for manufacturing in close collaboration with the sales, global manufacturing solutions, and marketing teams. Accelerate sales pipeline through active opportunity creation.
- Lead concept and organization of Google Cloud participation at key local industry events and ensure high quality customer participation.
- Grow a network of executive-level/key business and IT decision makers within Google Cloud ecosystem together with sales and manufacturing solutions team.
- Work closely with sales and manufacturing solutions teams to prepare for key customer meetings to showcase Google Cloud impact for innovation in manufacturing.
- Support leading execution of manufacturing lighthouse cases with local customers in partnership with sales, product, solutions, and customer engineering teams. Leverage System Integrator and Independent Software Vendor partners for local market development together with local partner organization.