Industrial Water - Intermediate Process Engineer - ( 21000268 )Description
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.Your Opportunity
Stantec is seeking an Industrial Water Intermediate Process Engineer to join our highly successful water practice in Calgary AB.Your Key Responsibilities
QualificationsYour Capabilities and Credentials
- Undertake Industrial Water/Wastewater system planning and design. Liaise with clients and other consultants.
- Prepare economic analysis for water and/or wastewater treatment projects. Prepare construction specifications, tender documents, and applications for approvals.
- Construction / contract administration knowledge.
- Meet with clients, municipal officials, public, and contractors to review project needs and coordinate field conditions.
- Manage project schedule and budget.
- Manage the process for obtaining approvals from various agencies.
- Write reports and design briefs to document analyses.
- Coordinate presentation and design drawings.
Education and Experience
- Can work well in a team environment without direct supervision
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Possess a hard-working and positive attitude, open to mentoring junior engineers
- Ability to translate industrial process into clear diagrams
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of water and wastewater treatment engineering design (industrial and/or municipal) including process drawings and calculations, water quality (including chemical, physical, and biological parameters), and equipment selection.
- Experience with chemical and process simulation modelling is considered an asset (hydraulic modelling, etc.)
- Completion of a Master's Degree in Water/Wastewater Treatment is considered an asset.
- Relevant work experience in water/wastewater treatment projects is an asset
- General understanding of all phases of project document production, client procurement procedures, and regulatory approval processes.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients, contractors, equipment suppliers/vendors, funding agencies and reviewing agencies; to deliver technical presentations in public forums in conferences and technical symposia.
- Possess excellent time-management skills; thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and available resources.
- Understanding of local and regional jurisdictional codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe.
- Must have a Bachelor in Chemicals or Civil Engineering field.
- Professional Engineer in AB or in another province.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years' experience in engineering analysis and design of water, wastewater systems.
- Must be self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience in providing construction support services, such as change in field conditions resolution, representing agencies at field meetings and observation of construction.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.Primary Location
: Process EngineerOrganization
: BC-1107 Water-CA Alberta SouthEmployee Status
: RegularJob Level
: Individual ContributorTravel
: Full-timeJob Posting
: Sep 7, 2021, 5:53:02 PMReq ID:
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans