Industrial Wastewater Project Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
Woodard & Curran is offering a unique opportunity to join our Industrial Wastewater Engineering (IWW) team to provide high quality services Industrial Wastewater services to Industrial clients across the firm’s geographies and core markets. The selected individual will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of multi-disciplinary projects. The individual will report directly to Project Managers who provide leadership in the timely and quality delivery of services including effective scheduling and cost management control, and mentoring of the professional staff. This position could provide an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineer looking and prepared to sit for their Professional Engineer license within the next year.
The successful candidate will have interest in the field of industrial wastewater engineering, and have an in-depth understanding of the engineering concepts associated with wastewater conveyance, pumping, and treatment, and a working knowledge of civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and controls engineering related to wastewater systems. Candidate must be familiar with the construction procurement process and have experience preparing plans and specifications. Strong writing and communication skills are also required as assignments will include report writing, environmental studies, presentations, and overseeing construction of work.
- Registered Professional Engineer or Engineer willing to sit for PE license within a year.
- 4+ years of engineering experience.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Experience leading the design or portions of the design of Industrial Water Treatment projects.
- Experience coordinating the work of engineers from multiple disciplines, and developing and monitoring phase schedules and budgets for treatment technical components of larger projects.
- Experience in Construction Management, including Design / Build.
- Mentoring and directing staff on technical assignments, and reviewing technical work completed by engineers under supervision.
- Interacting with clients and sub-consultants, representing the firm in a professional manner.
- Experience with local, state, and federal regulatory permitting processes.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD software.
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects from conceptual design through start-up.