The Industrial Statistician will work with our Quality Assurance Teams at our sites and assist in standardizing methods and increasing the confidence of our labs capability in demonstrating compliance to our Quality Management Programs. This role will help develop sampling plans to aid in assessing the capability of our Supply Chain, which through the analysis and interpretation of the data collected will help identify potential causes for variation in the many processes requiring efficiency improvement. The Industrial Statistician will also assist in the implementation of statistical process control within our facilities, and provide training and guidance around statistical analysis utilizing the various tools that are available to aid in data analysis. During new product commercialization, the Industrial Statistician will be a resource to aid the sites in successful scaling-up of products, by gathering and reviewing data and ensuring the accuracy and precision of the data collected is sustainable for future production runs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Take leadership and initiative on issues relating to the following:
- Laboratory Quality Assurance
- Work with lab managers to design for data generation to assure accuracy and precision of laboratory methods
- Analyze and interpret resulting data to quantify both accuracy and precision, and troubleshoot areas where analysis reveals issues important to the business.
- Assure sustainability of results through a lab quality program, check sampling and interlaboratory studies
- Supply Chain Improvement
- Working with key stakeholders in Quality, Strategic Sourcing, Manufacturing, and Finance to devise practical sampling plans to assess capability, structural and assignable cause variation for manufacturing processes in need of efficiency improvement.
- Analyze and interpret resulting data to reveal sources of variation preventing laminar process flow, and aid in eliminating those sources.
- Work with Finance to demonstrate the dollar value of the resulting improvements
- Demonstrate to others the techniques used in accomplishing the above and support their efforts to follow through in other processes throughout all manufacturing locations where processes are running at lower than desired efficiency.
- Work with Finance to monitor material balances so that gains attained from the above endeavors are sustained.
- Statistical Process Control
- Assure good control processes are in place and are monitored aggressively.
- Institute rational subgroup sampling where it is missing, to assure sampling is fully representative of production.
- Implement and coach in the use of appropriate control charting methods such as standard Shewhart charts, CUSUM and EWMA to assure sustainability.
- When trouble shooting is required, design probability-based sampling plans consistent with corporate needs for consumer protection.
- Assist co-workers with understanding and implementing this technology.
- Plant Start-Up
- Assist R&D, engineers and others with data gathering, analysis and interpretation efforts to assure smooth scale-up of new products and smooth transitions during process changes.
- Institute sampling measures to assure sustainability.
- Periodic progress of team projects together with financial impact.
- Reports credit full team, not individuals.
Education and Experience:
- M.S. in Statistics, Industrial Engineering with strong emphasis in statistics, or equivalent
- Approximately 10 years industrial experience in food and beverage or related technology
- Strong communication skills including oral presentations and written communications