Job ID: 117219
Oversee management of real estate leasing and development, from the strategic selection process of sites to actual acquisition, and preparation for construction / fit out.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Implement strategic real estate initiatives to drive shareholder value.
- Selects land or buildings and drafts letters of intent, negotiates purchase and sale agreements or leases, and development of other related legal agreements.
- Secures entitlements for properties, and attains all approvals and incentives for the project.
- Directs and coordinates the work of a development team, which includes outside vendors, consultants, attorneys and construction staff
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to a Director of Real Estate.
- Typically negotiates in a competitive or adversarial environment.
- Typically solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management’s goals and standards.
- Typically expected to provide infrequent status reports to management as appropriate.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel more than 30-40% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must meet many simultaneous demands for important decisions/actions and face some confrontations or other difficult situations and demands for results.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must meet many simultaneous demands for important decisions/actions and face some confrontations or other difficult situations and demands for results.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional certification in Real Estate Development, Management or Urban Planning or a related field.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity tomove about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional certification in Real Estate Development
- Commercial real estate transaction experience in industrial development and leasing.
- Demonstrated history of successful real estate negotiation and development skills.
- Experience in industrial Build to Suit lease developments and Land acquisition / development.
- Experience with industrial real estate and land negotiations highly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to workeffectively across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to prepare, review and negotiate financial analysis of potential deal structures.
- Strong negotiation abilities to include legal document review and negotiation in conjunctionwith legal counsel.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Large data analysis
- Presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Project leadership skills