Industrial Operations Manager
- Williams, CA
- Full Time
Olam International is a leading agri-business operating across the value chain in 70 countries, supplying various products across 16 platforms to over 16,200 customers worldwide. From a direct sourcing and processing presence in most major producing countries, Olam has built a global leadership position in rice, sugar, cocoa, edible nuts, spices & vegetable ingredients. In 2016 Fortune recognized Olam at #23 in its ‘Change the World’ list.
We’re making food better. Come join us.
This position is a top leadership position at the plant level reporting directly to the Plant Manager. Responsible for high volume operations in the processing of Industrial Paste and Diced tomato products and other specialty products. Special project and plant engineering management. Fiscal responsibilities in the areas of budget preparation and adherence, plant efficiencies, cost savings initiatives, and capital investment programs. Producing cost-efficient high quality products; while utilizing BRC food processing industry practices and ensuring workplace safety.
Primary duties include:
- Direct and coordinate plant operations within company policies and procedures, providing technical support, direction and leadership to maintain plant efficiency standards.
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout operations.
- Daily review of production quality reports, interaction with QA lab technicians and Managers to ensure product specifications are met.
- Manage process sanitation to ensure product sterility, review sanitation/CIP documentation for internal and external quality standards.
- Prepare the daily pack production scheduling requirements in accordance withpack plan requirements and standards.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Manager parts procurement and inventory control to minimize costs and maintain plant productivity – minimizing downtime.
- Providing effective feedback to management with relation to operations, quality, safety and personnel.
- Provide effective team building relations with subordinates, conflict resolution skills, documenting corrective action for employees, and periodic performance evaluations.
- Annual Budget preparation for capital investments, maintenance and production operations. Periodically tracking and review.
- Otherresponsibilities as assigned.
- Post season maintenance coordination and support. Support Capital Investment projects - interaction with engineers, contractors and technical personnel.
- Effective communication with peers, subordinates and executive management team;
- Effectively participate in Quality/Food Safety Audits, Document Reviews, and Customer Visits;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS Degree or vocational certification in industrial technology or closelyrelated field
- 3-5 Years experience in food manufacturing in a management position
- MUST be available to work extended days and hours during the fresh pack season (approximately July through October) or as needed due to production requirements.
- Excellent teamwork, leadership, influencing, and coordinative skills; must be able to work with diverse teams to achieve results.
- The ability to train employees, develop managers, and raise process improvement skills and overall industry standards across multiple function
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and listening).
- Proficient computer skills, including database, spreadsheet, MRP and MS Office skills
- Project Management Skills.
- Experience in the processing of Industrial Paste and Diced tomato products and other specialty products strongly preferred.
- Aseptic processing and evaporator experience/knowledge
- MA/MS Degree in the concentration of Business, Engineering or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of Quality policies and procedural methods.
- Working knowledge of Employee Health & Safety Practices