Endevis talent acquisition firm has been hired by a growing manufacturing leader to find a few Industrial Marketing Representatives. The Industrial Marketing Representatives will be responsible for effectively marketing the company brand by developing and maintaining relationships with prospective and existing clients. Effectiveness is measured by acquiring and closing new business through the purchase of ferrous and nonferrous scrap. The focus will be on prospecting, developing and building customer/supplier relationships and negotiating prices and contracts. A successful candidate will drive new business opportunities through soliciting industrial scrap metal volumes in an assigned geography that fits the company business model through prospective suppliers from industrial, commercial and other business accounts.
The Industrial Marketing Representatives are responsibilities include;
- Effectively plan, manage and execute a schedule that drives efficiency and success of established goals and targets.
- Manager his/her book of business by developing new customer relationships and maintaining existing customer relationships and efficiently travel regularly to create and develop those business relationships through communication with accounts and customers
- Procure scrap metal from industrial generators. Purchase ferrous and nonferrous metals from various industrial accounts
- Retain, maintain and improve profitable accounts within established pricing guidelines
- Required to focus on prospecting, developing and building customer/supplier relationships and negotiating prices/contract that build, grow and retain the supplier/volume base.
- Required to understand costs associated with ferrous and non-ferrous materials, current market conditions, freight costs and processing costs to provide optimum pricing for the supplier
- Identify and implement margin opportunities with existing accounts
- Resolve internal and external customer service issues
- Complete administrative requirements to meet deadlines
- Coordinate with the transportation department to arrange the most economical transportation cost while working with operations to meet the yard processing schedules
- Assist in developing and implementing strategic plans for new business
- Interact with operations department concerning the grading, quality and safety of the scrap metals delivered to the facility
- Work with the transportation department to arrange logistics/transportation of material and container service as needed; coordinate purchases/deliveries of scrap with the management team at destination facilities.
- Maintain a database of prospects within territory with opportunity dates.
- Professionals interested in the Industrial Marketing Representative role, should have;
- Proven sales experience in the scrap metal industry
- Able to effectively make sales presentations in large or small groups of customers, prospects or employees
- Ability to calculate margin analysis, profitability etc
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business and sales reports.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence and apply judgment in business situations
- Ability to develop, build and maintain lasting business relationships