Founded in 1937, R.H. Sheppard Co. Inc. has a rich history of innovative design and American manufacturing excellence. Headquartered in Hanover, Pa., our dedicated team of over 850 employees supply components for the trucking and transportation industry worldwide. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC and a proud member of Knorr-Bremse.
Whatever your career path – whether it’s product innovation through engineering, working directly with our customers, manufacturing quality products or supporting our business in some other way, Sheppard – a Bendix CVS Company – delivers.
This position’s primary role is to act as a senior project leader responsible for the process, design, integration and launch of new manufacturing assembly lines. This engineer supports both new product manufacturing processes and legacy process improvements. In this role, the individual has the following responsibilities within the business.
Position reports to the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Manager located at Sheppard in Hanover PA. Duties are expected to be performed with limited supervision.
- To provide direction and guidance regarding manufacturing requirements during the product development process, assuring product compatibility for manufacturing operations.
- Support Product Program Managers on launches with respect to the development and deployment of manufacturing systems and coordination with OES.
- Develop cost estimates for manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Write Requests for Quotation and help manage the OES sourcing process.
- Lead the project execution process through launch at the plant and support the turnover to plant manufacturing engineers.
- Act as liaison for project support with manufacturing plants personnel on major product changes and operations improvements projects.
- Provides technical input regarding OES/Operations related standards and strategies as requested.
- Serve as a liaison between product design teams in Elyria, Ohio and manufacturing plants throughout North America.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Advanced knowledge of assembly & manufacturing processes.
- Advanced program management skills
- Fixturing and tooling design knowledge
- Multiple different ME assignments with successful individual achievements or strong team-based achievements
- Global Exposure working with others from other regions to complete projects
- Cross-Functional assignment in other Industrial roles a plus
- Direct Plant experience is a plus
- Cost estimating
- Quality analysis tools
- Capacity planning
- Computer/CAD Systems Familiarity (Microsoft Office, AutoCAD)
- Valid passport
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time
- Willing & able to travel frequently in and out of the US, Canada and Europe.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Performs basic professional manufacturing engineering assignments usually associated with product support and manufacturing. Applies standard engineering techniques, analysis, procedures and criteria in specific situations. Produces and correlates data. Recognizes discrepancies in results. Investigates problems, identifies optimal solutions and makes preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives. Independently evaluates problems or opportunities, initiates required activities, identifies solutions, and applies standard engineering analysis tools to evaluate and select solutions. Will coordinate the work of designers, technicians and others who assist in specific assignments. Normally would be considered the local expert for one or more specific projects or products.
- Demonstrated performance as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in a related engineering discipline plus 10 years related experience.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.