ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Industrial Engineering Manager is an integral member of our Operations Process Improvement (OPI) team at Stitch Fix. The OPI team acts as a critical owner of Stitch Fix’s operational development and continued growth. This individual is the key driver at Stitch Fix in how we continuously evolve and improve the physical environment within our network of warehouses (ensuring we have optimal layouts, processes, and automation to run our daily operations) spanning across the United States and UK. They will maintain close relationships with our Warehouse Operations, Algorithms, Systems Engineering, and Finance teams and will lead up to six project engineers located at each of our warehouses across the network.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE:
- You will lead the Industrial Engineering pillar of the Operations Process Improvement team
- You have the opportunity to directly lead and inspire a team of remote project engineers (industrial, civil, mechanical engineering) across our network of 6 warehouses in the United States and the UK
- You’ll guide your team in vetting new and cutting edge operational equipment to drive efficiency and productivity
- You will be a steward of our Associate first culture through enabling our associates to maximize their performance with new and exciting operational enhancements such as collaborative automation and robotics
- You’ll be a key strategic liaison between the warehouse operations and our HQ business partners
- You’ll develop, own, and communicate the IE project roadmap at Stitch Fix - including chances to communicate the plan and outcomes to our senior leadership team
- Your team will own the facility design and layouts for all of our warehouses
- Your team will help develop and own the SOPs (standard operating procedures) for the processes within the functional warehouse areas
- You’ll be responsible for improving key operational metrics such as cost per fix, units per hour, items per square foot.
- Champion and embody the Stitch Fix culture, mission and values.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE:
- You have 5+ years of project management experience
- You have 5+ years of operations experience (warehouse operations experience is a plus!)
- You have 3+ years of leadership experience
- You have a 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (industrial, civil or mechanical engineering is a plus!)
- You will travel close to 30% for this role.
- You enjoy working independently as well as part of a team
- You have superior Excel skills, including basic financial modeling
- You can also put together a killer PowerPoint deck
- You have keen problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify, research, and analyze problems, determine alternative solutions, and create action steps
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You have the ability to research and analyze large amounts of data, with great attention to detail
- You work well in a demanding, fast-paced environment and can manage competing priorities
- You are organized and service-oriented towards our internal and external clients
- You’re excellent at written and verbal communication and can clearly and concisely present information
- You are open to continuously providing and receiving both affirming and constructive, developmental feedback
- Above all else, you are bright, kind and motivated-by-challenge.
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE:
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day