Requisition ID: 18864
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
The Industrial Engineer V is responsible for analyzing and improving current work processes and layouts, measuring and documenting best practices, supporting lean initiatives, and providing assistance to other engineer projects.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
1. Perform process and capacity analyses as directed by documenting product, resource and information flow in current operations using tools including value stream maps, process flow diagrams, time and motion studies, and AutoCAD drawings. Perform work with full autonomy. May delegate subtasks to lower level engineers.
2. Develop, justify and implement process improvements, technological upgrades, and automation and/or redesigns of existing processes/equipment/layout. Lead projects with total annual savings in excess of 3-5x salary.
3. Develop tools/processes to support operations (ex: labor planning, product scheduling).
4. Support operations and entire business unit with various analyses (what-if analysis, cost analysis, etc.) including detailed and complex financial analyses to help identify potential areas of improvement.
5. Identify and pursue own projects/tactics that contribute to company goals and helps operations with P&L management.
6. Scope and lead continuous improvement activities of all types of complexity utilizing lean tools and methodology.
7. Support new business activities and other projects with cost estimates as well as design and implementation of new layouts for RFPs of all sizes including multi-facility RFPs.
8. Maintain and update AutoCAD layouts.
9. Support specification and selection of material handling equipment.
10. Ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures.
11. Independently manages own project deliverables and schedules.
12. Communicate and plan with teammates, vendors, management, and customer to support above efforts. Build and maintain relationships up to VP level as well as work directly with C-level as needed.
13. Provide technical support as needed for various legal contracts.
14. Provide guidance, direction, and peer review of projects for other engineers.
You might be a great fit if…1. Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering or related field preferred and 8-10 years of relevant experience.2. In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 or more years of relevant experience.3. Ability to work independently and as a team member.4. Ability to support cross functional teams.5. Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Word and Access skills is required.6. Fluency with use and development of layouts using AutoCAD is required.7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.8. Customer service driven9. Analytical and problem-solving aptitude10. Strong team player