AD&M is currently seeking a highly motivated Industrial Engineer to join our Integrated Systems Group Global Design Engineering team. This group supplies the quick turn capabilities needed for prototypes and testable samples, building tooling to verify products & processes and transfer to operations to meet customer ramp up schedules. The Industrial Engineer is a key member of all new development and sustaining projects and is responsible for P&L accuracy through all stages of the stage gate (PAC) process. Some of the duties include gathering costs for P&L modeling, capacity monitoring and the creation of Capital Equipment Requests.
While functioning in this role you will be expected to operate at the highest standards of individual and corporate integrity, honor all commitments made while taking personal responsibility for actions/results, and foster an environment that encourages innovation, creativity, excellence and results through teamwork. Our organization strives to practice leadership that teaches, inspires, and promotes full participation of all employees combined with a foundational belief in continuous career development. As part of the AD&M team, you will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Due to ITAR compliance only US Citizens or US Permanent Residents may apply.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
- Works with cross functional global teams to establish and maintain project P&L and model different P&L scenarios to ensure accurate results and obtains finance approval as needed
- Identifies cost drivers for focused improvement efforts / mfg tooling or process options to simplify and increase overall manufacturing efficiency.
- Engages and collaborates with plant finance and plant IE team members for accurate representation of cost rate assumptions, parameter assumptions and finance methodologies.
- Creates and submits New Product Development CER’s for BU/Segment approval.
- Communicates plans for add-on capital per New Product Development P&L for potential creation of
- sustaining capacity add project.
- Cost model support for customer RTS new product proposals. Works directly with Mfg Engineering team to
- establish ballpark estimates for tooling and develops cost model to determine mfg costs.
- Maintains capacitydatabase to ensure plants can handle added capacity created by new projects introductions.
- Evaluates capacity impact for proposed modifications on existing tooling / process / plant operations to help sourcing decision.
- Creates phased mfg capacity plans for ALL New Product Development projects.
- New part creation inSAP /othersystems.
- Coordinates pn set-up for all pn’s related to New Product Development projects. Creates and initiates RTS request by providing all necessary part number, tooling, and process related information needed for all aspects of part number set-up.
- VSM (Value Stream Mapping) for each project.
- Become familiar with manufacturing principles and the set-up of new manufacturing processes.
- Supporting Manufacturing Development in Project Quoting and Manufacturing location selection.
- New product/process introduction.
- Lead varied manufacturing projects, including; Process Improvements, Cost reduction, Production efficiency, Transfers and Migration.
- Establishing and maintaining best demonstrated practices throughout Industrial Engineering community.
- Assist Purchasing with Lead-time reduction efforts and review quotations for replacement tools.
- Assist Product Management in Cost reduction.
- Work with other functions (Process engineering, Operations, Quality etc.) interpret their needs and requests and turn into workable and cost-effective manufacturing solutions.
- Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering Degree or 5 years of Industrial Engineering experience
- Knowledge and experience of the core manufacturing disciplines, harnessing, box builds and alternate processes such as over-molding, stamping, plating, assembly.
- Be organized with the ability to work independently to achieve prescribed deliverables and schedules.
- Detail orientated, self-motivated, requires challenge and strives for self-improvement.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, SAP, Statistical software and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Written and oral communication skills to interface with global team members, suppliers, customers and sales.
- Working knowledge of six sigma and lean manufacturing tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural, global environment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a rapidly changing set of objectives.
- Capability to work in a fasted paced, dynamic global environment with multiple changing priorities.
- Project management skills are a plus