Bell in Amarillo, TX has an immediate need for a Sr Industrial Engineer to join the team to handle all facets of Capacity Analysis for plant production operations for aircraft.
In this role, you will lead capacity analysis including manpower, tooling, capital, facilities, applying time standards, development & maintenance of work measurement metrics, data analysis. You will also develop and deliver presentations in support of manufacturing activities.
The responsibilities include:
- Support Manufacturing to ensure schedule, cycle time, and cost objectives are met.
- Develop manpower forecasts plans, developing crew-loads, evaluating performance and recommending improvements.
- Ensure Line Schedules are achievable through capacity analysis and report deficiencies.
- Identify problems in areas and evaluate methods where objectives are not being met. Recommend corrective action and ensure follow-up via formal method improvement process.
- Assist in development of recovery plans and work around plans.
- Assess impacts of part shortages and assign relative severity of impact.
- Lead, participate and support projects by lending expertise in the area of expected improvements.
- Actively support LEAN initiatives and participate in time studies and work sampling.
- Collect, tabulate, and graphically depict historical data to support program evaluation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments to achieve cost competitive processes.
- Assess current factory layouts and capabilities; propose practical and technological improvements to reduce cycle time, increase output, meet aftermarket needs and increase cost competitiveness.
- Support maintenance, repair and overhaul activities by developing forecasting capabilities, estimating manufacturing repair and production efforts and evaluating complex schedules with a varying product mix.
- Support estimates for bid proposals or new programs.
- Utilize standard hours, target hours, crew-load hours, realization, and learning curves to estimate and forecast direct man-hours.
- Ensure All systems have budget/time std/depts/Work Centers/ and station information in appropriate systems.
- Development and maintenance of visual factory management systems
- Coach Junior members in above tasks:
- Produce and present estimates and evaluations of maintenance, repair and overhaul to management to make informed decisions.
- Time standards applications Maintenance and Setup
- Schedule and Cost Analysis and corrective Action Plans
- Manpower plans and justification
- Manufacturing cost savings
- Manufacturing Crew-loads/Work Plans
- Bid Proposals & Estimates
- Visual Factory Management
- Capacity Analysis
- BS in Industrial Engineering or 5-7 Years’ experience as an Industrial Engineer experience with Science/Engr Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5-7 years of Industrial Engineering with a minimum of 3 years in aerospace company
- Industrial Engineering techniques such as time studies and work sampling
- Data analysis, capacity analysis
- LEAN activities
- Presentation development, and delivery
- Computer systems, i.e. Microsoft Office suite.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Factory planning and optimization
- Work scope estimation
- Maintenance repair and overhaul estimation and support