As an Industrial Engineer 3 in Production Systems Engineering, you will be part of a growing team that is bringing together the brightest minds and placing them into an exciting, fast-paced environment to drive continuous improvement through data. You will lead analyses of existing operations for opportunities to increase productivity, improve cost, quality and delivery in a high volume production environment. You will work cross functionally to optimize manufacturing systems and processes. You will participate with development teams to optimize the supply chain, processes, procedures, packaging and quality of new products and will support new product introduction and production scaling. You will provide technical leadership in matters that include the design, modeling, optimization, development and/or implementation of new production and product test processes, equipment and systems.
Functional Description: Technical Individual Contributor
Develops, implements and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products. Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Job duties include but are not limited to:
Develop Production System:
- Partner with senior leaders across multiple departments to develop our employee-centric continuously improving production system.
- Adapt typical production system modules (Standard Work, SMED, 5S) to fit with the core competencies of the organization
- Deploy and train these production system modules to all levels of the organization
- Drive Change Management:
- Drive change and foster a culture of continuous improvement based on Lean Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, Industry 4.0 and other bodies of knowledge.
- Work with multiple organizations to improve the agility of our FDA-regulated quality management system
- Design systems and tools:
- Use system engineering knowledge to design alternatives for facilities layout, business and manufacturing processes, workstations, and interacting production systems.
- Appropriately use Design of Experiments.
- Communicate and present recommendations for designs.
- Transform production:
- Lead and participate in projects to holistically align, improve, and transform the value-stream of multiple products across one or more sites using a combination of core industrial engineering, project management, and influencing and structured problem solving (A3, Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, PDCA, 8D, SPS) skills. The value-stream may include suppliers, transportation, receiving, warehousing, and shipping.
- Lead and facilitate structured improvement workshops (Kaizen, 5S, 3P)
- Define issues, risks, and root causes:
- Partner with industrial engineering peers and subject matter experts to conduct Engineering Economic Analysis, Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis, Statistical Methods, Six Sigma, Time Studies, Waste Elimination, and Work Sampling, Capacity Planning, and other industrial engineering activities.
- Benchmark systems against world-class industry leaders.
- Drive improvements:
- Use Scrum, Agile, Prince2, and traditional waterfall project management to ensure projects are completed quickly and successfully.
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders in all directions throughout the life cycle of projects.
- BS/MS/PhD in Industrial, Systems Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience with developing, deploying, and sustaining a manufacturing production system
- Mastery knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies
- Proficient in Project management, structured problem solving (DMAIC, A3, etc), data analysis, and simulation
- Experience with presenting and influencing at executives across multiple departments
- Willingness to get hand dirty and build kits, workstations, shadowboxes, and fixtures
- Ability to write simple code with Excel and VBA or other programming languages
- Experience building validated simulation models
- At least 1 year participating in a rotation leadership development program or consulting organization
- Ability to influence upward, across and down with or without direct lines of authority, ability to take charge
- Experience leading projects
- Experience in layout planning (equipment/utilities), equipment purchases, process transfers, CAPEX planning and cost reduction project management
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control and DOE techniques
- Experience with product development processes and project management
- Proficiency in following software and programming tools -
- MS Office Suite (Excel, Access, Powerpoint, PowerBI)
- AutoCADLean Six Sigma Green Belt or other lean equivalent certifications
- PMP or Agile project management certifications
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 5-8 years related experience or Master's degree and 2-5 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 0-2 years experience.
- Possesses broad understanding of technical principles and theories. Ability to synthesize external data and research findings for application that may impact technical objectives.
- Demonstrates successes in technical proficiency and independent thought. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an indepth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.