What’s the role?
This is a fast-paced continuous improvement role that will challenge your multi-tasking abilities from the development stages through implementation, to ensure objectives are met. Maximize the use of resources (Space, equipment, energy, materials, labor, documentation, knowledge, etc.) to ensure high performance returns. Work closely with department managers, support staff and technicians to identify areas of improvement. Organize and lead cross-functional teams to define opportunities, develop solutions, and create action plans. Design fixtures, tooling, and structures to improve operations throughout the facility, with the mindset of reducing operating costs, reducing lead time, and improving product quality. Create layouts, detailed drawings, process flow diagrams, value stream maps, time studies, comparative analysis, cost-benefit justifications, and champion new technologies to drive improvements.
- · Provides organization, solutions, and design for space utilization, capacity, and process flow issues to support the manufacturing areas of machining, welding, assembly, warehouse and testing.
- · Performs design, analysis and improvement of resource utilization (space, personnel, materials, information, equipment, structures, and utilities).
- · Initiates capital expenditure justification and ROI analysis for improvement projects.
- · Develops and improves work instructions, procedures, and other manufacturing documentation.
- · Problem solve technical issues by interfacing with product engineering, SME’s, and production personnel.
- Identify and implement process solutions to achieve high quality, cost savings, and shortened lead times.
- Influence process standardization, development of work center capabilities, and improved capacities.
- Create leaner, more efficient and more profitable business practices.
Skills, experience and qualifications you must have:
- · BS - Industrial Engineering or equivalent degree and minimum of 2 years Industrial Engineering experience.
- · 6+ years Technical Experience with emphasis on machining, welding, mechanical assembly, fixture design, facility layout, work holding, over-head cranes, and product testing, preferred in low volume/high mix manufacturing environments.
- · Proficiency with PRO-E/CREO, SolidWorks, and AutoCAD.
- · Lean / Six Sigma or equivalent profession experience preferred.
- · Strong Analytical Skills, proficient with Capital appropriations, ROI Analysis, and expenditure justifications.
- · Strong Communication and Presentation skills: deliver proposals, conduct training sessions, team oriented, and ability to create and implement written work instructions / process guidelines.
Key Competencies for the role:
- · Collaborator, team-minded, strong Customer focus
- · Exceptional Critical Thinking abilities and Problem-Solving capabilities
- · Detailed analysis and evaluation practices
- · Mechanical aptitude, materials knowledge: Strengths, Mechanicals, Chemistry (Steels, Alloys, forgings, castings)
- · Capable of using inspection devices (micrometers, calipers, height gages, ring/plug gages)