About this Role:
Responsible for supporting business with design and process improvement to new and existing areas within the organization. Will evaluate current processes and make recommendations for improvements, cost savings, and will manage improvement projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform time studies, develop “Lean Manufacturing” processes, and implement and execute to completion.
- Assist all areas within the organization in finding solutions to various distribution activities
- Take direction from Sr. Leadership on projects and provide assistance when requested. Projects may involve designing changes to existing equipment and selection of appropriate equipment for new types of productions.
- Provide drawings and assist with implementation plans for assigned projects.
- Analyze current processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Validate monthly production standards and output data and report the results to Manufacturing Manager.
- Maintain and develop ISO work instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experiencerequired.
- Minimum of 5 years Industrial Engineering experience in a Manufacturing or Distribution environment.
- Previous experience with MRP/ERP or equivalent systems.
- Previous relevant experience in project manufacturing.
- Demonstrate mastery level proficiency in AutoCAD in warehouse design and layout.
- Experience with MTM practices (time studies).
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Access Database queries.
- Must have good Interpersonal skills and be able to work with a variety of employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must have technical writing ability.
- Must demonstrate scientific analytical ability.
- Must be a self-motivated team player.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other tasks as required.
- Work in distribution environment.
- Prolonged sitting and repetitive motion due to extended computer use.
- Occasional exposure to production, distribution area working conditions, including noise, and dust exposure and lift truck traffic.
- Stress related to conflicting priorities and meeting scheduledeadlines.
- Flexible hours including shift work.
- Ability to push, pull, lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to see all colors, and speak, hear, write, and understand English.
- Ability to read and analyze data.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication.
- Ability to see all colors.