The Manager, Engineering Services provides project management and technical expertise to plan, concept, design, test, and implement capital and continuous improvement projects involving material handling equipment, building construction, facilities infrastructure, and other engineering initiatives. This role works closely with Operations, Information Technology, Facilities, and MHE Maintenance to drive projects to successful completion, on budget and on schedule. As software and technology will continue to permeate the engineering landscape, this role requires deep technical and software systems expertise.
1. Creates, maintains, and drives requirements gathering, functional design, communication, and overall project plans for MHE, Engineering, and Facilities capital projects and cost-saving initiatives.
2. Manage all Engineering software vendor relationships and maintenance agreements. Includes but not limited to Conveyor, Sortation, and other MHE Controls, Labor Management, Energy Management, Powered Equipment Management, and Asset Management.
3. Maintain configuration, functional specifications and flow maps for all engineering systems.
4. Works with WMS and other supply chain software partners to maintain Engineering system interfaces and touch points.
5. Leads MHE software functional and interface design and testing required to support configuration or code changes. Write functional specifications and testing plans.
6. Works closely with Information Technology partners to maintain IT infrastructure for Engineering Systems, enforce Change Management and Version Control procedures, and maintain user profiles and user access.
7. Manages training of Maintenance and operational personnel on all Engineering software, specifically regarding everyday troubleshooting and "first line of defense" response to production issues.
8. Develop and maintain process and procedures for addressing planned and unplanned system outages as well as on-call scheduling and protocol.
1) Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science
2) 10+ Years of experience in designing and implementing complex material handling software and controls systems in distribution or manufacturing environments.
3) 5+ years of project management experience implementing major material handling or manufacturing systems. Construction experiences a plus.
4) Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Access.
5) Working knowledge of C++, SQL Server, Visual Basic or similar languages a plus.
6) Able to work independently; a self-starter.
7) Able to manage budgets and produce ROI justifications for large capital projects
8) Flexibility to support systems in a 24x7 production environment as business needs require.
9) Good communicator and customer service skills.
10) Experience with communicating to Executive Leadership.