Position Focus: To support Launch Activity and Plant Operations through proactive and reactive plant floor engineering support.
- Leads and participates in engineering related activities.
- Develops new manufacturing processes
- Assists in the purchases of capital equipment for tooling and gauging.
- Reviews blueprints to ensure parts are manufacturable and of high quality.
- Performs technical writing activities whenever necessary.
- Submits cost justifications for relevant issues and items.
- Forecasts long term planning for manufacturing.
- Creates the global plan for entire work area.
- Travel as required for project support
- Communicates with both internal and external customers.
- Monitors the acceptance testing activities and progress for new process and equip.
- Performs operator training for new processes and equipment
- Installs and moves new and existing machinery.
- Provides layout for equipment and modifies layout as necessary.
- Assists team members with their responsibilities whenever necessary.
- Lead recommendations of capital equipment purchases.
- Specifies what capital equipment would best fit the current organizational needs.
- Completes project write up and executive summary of needed equipment.
- Receives supplier quotes and leads in the selection of acceptable bids.
- Oversees projects from requisition stage throughout completion (machine acceptance-PPAP)
- Determines capital needs for future projects with current capacity.
- Performs tooling selection, machine upgrades, retrofits, and feeds/speeds activities.
- Determines cost and extent of need for change of product design.
- Troubleshoot any new equipment until running smoothly whenever necessary.
- Performs capability studies on new fixtures.
- Communicates all information regarding process and product changes to all levels within the organization.
- Inspects tooling and gauging.
- Performs process failure mode analyses for manufacturing.
- Specifies tool design.
- Generates process flow, PFMEA's, routings, tool estimates and capital estimates for new product estimates.
- Lead Manufacturing Engineering Launch activities
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related Technical field
- 5-7 years of manufacturing processes experience in the Automotive Industry
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proven Communication and Leadership Skillsets