Partnering with manufacturing and facilities, you'll own this process which captures the manufacturing and facility needs leverages Lean techniques and creates meaningful information for high-efficiency invention, evolution, and stable execution of advanced manufacturing processes. Interfacing with facility automation engineers, process engineers, design and analysis engineers, machine and process operators, enterprise tool developers, and equipment and material vendors, you'll identify requirements and opportunities for data, tools, equipment and workflow automation.
- Manage Manufacturing-related Projects
- Production Support- Production Scheduling, Theory of Constraints, Budgets and Forecasts, Crew Empowerment, Defect Analysis and Benchmarking Analysis, Core Competency Definition, Make/Buy Evaluations, and Cost/Price Evaluations.
- Process Improvement- Lean Manufacturing, Engineering Economic Analysis, Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis, Statistical Methods, Six Sigma, Time Studies, Waste Reduction, and Work Sampling
- Operations improvement- Ergonomic and Human Factors, Operations Plans, Recovery planning, Capacity planning, Capital planning
- Integrated Systems- Value Stream Analysis, Facility Layouts, Production Systems Design, Manufacturing Process Design, Systems Thinking, Facilities Planning, and Requirements
- BS in Operations Research, Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- 12+ years of experience working directly with manufacturing in a production environment
- 5 years of experience in aerospace manufacturing and/or facilities planning
- 3 years of factory flow and process modeling and simulations experience
- 2 years of experience leading continuous improvement and value stream mapping events.
- Strong analytic skill set and a high degree of proficiency in data mining
- Exceptional with Excel and manual data analysis
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Operations Management, Construction Management, MSE and/or MBA
- Rocket Engine Manufacturing Experience
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Experience transitioning development to production
- Manned space flight production experience
- Strong teaming skills
- Experience with manufacturing organizations and/or supply chain
- Hands-on experience with materials and manufacturing processes