The Boeing Company is seeking candidate for Industrial Engineer Level 3 in the Strike, Surveillance and Mobility programs in the Saint Louis, Missouri area. This is an opportunity to work on the best tactical aircraft in the world, including the F-15 Eagle, F/A-18 Super Hornet, and multiple other existing and developing programs. Position Responsibilities:
- Applies advanced Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools to promote and implement changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations.
- Independently develops models, data bases and spreadsheets to analyze data (e.g., statistics, operations research, engineering economics), and provides summary analysis and metrics for consultation to customers (e.g., management, departments, suppliers).
- Applies advanced industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements.
- Researches, designs, develops, improves, and implements processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of advanced Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization.
- Independently manages, defines, negotiates, and controls the scope, cost, and timing of projects, and performs risk analysis using project management tools (e.g., work break-down structure, precedence network, resource allocation).
- Ensures project is completed within budget.
- Utilizes advanced engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to develop optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products.
- Analyzes and designs value stream, including capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an Industrial Engineering role.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree
- Must possess experience with the following software and database technologies is required: Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Must possess experience in problem solving and improvement projects.
- Must be able to interact with employees to gather data for process improvements. This may include observing and documenting processes, and collecting data in manufacturing areas or in aircraft during various production phases.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment supporting lean process improvement activity.
- Possess Project Leadership experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineering peers, management, and non-engineering support staff
- Capable of building positive relations.
- Adaptable to change and be a quick learner.
- Experience applying and implementing lean manufacturing principles in a production system.
- Ability to travel 10%
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Preferred candidate will have experience in 6 or more of the following: Process Modeling, Manufacturing Operations Support, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical/Trend Analysis, Six Sigma, Capacity Planning, Production/Mfg System Design, Work Methods Analysis/Time Standards, Planning/Constraint Based Scheduling, Ergonomics & Human Factors, Facilities Layout Design, Root Cause Analysis, Inventory Control, Value Stream Analysis.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Job ID 1800104326