You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In this position you will Provide technical support to Operations in the form of enabling and improving the flow of product through manufacturing utilizing the disciplines of industrial and mechanical engineering. Assignments range from straightforward and reactionary in nature to complex and strategic. Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
- Responsible for technical problem definition and solution in manufacturing environment.
- Work with methods experts and manufacturing personnel to identify the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow to maximize utilization of production facilities and personnel
- Analyzes, understands, and considers how facility design and layout for manufacturing processes and equipment affect economic factors, process flow, operator efficiency and comfort in performance of job duties.
- Designs arrangement of machines and work stations within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout
- Conduct studies pertaining to cost reduction, time reduction, and inventory control through the application of Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Development of procedures, work instructions, and operations data reports for Technical Operations owned equipment
- Training operations personnel to efficiently and effectively utilize operations software, chemicals. tools, and equipment
- Inventory Management for all parts, chemicals, and tools used during manufacturing processes. Develop/maintain supplier relationships for addressing inventory shortages.
- Perform audits/assessments of operations areas utilizing Lean Six Sigma concepts such as 5S to ensure compliance to company internal procedures, determine root cause of problems and recommend corrective action, and work with operations employees to identify and implement process improvements
- Supports production, business, and other processes by working with in a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning and control, total quality management, Systems Test, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, and safety.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Have strong verbal and written communication skills.Have comprehensive user knowledge of computers and software in generalWorking knowledge of how to read and interpret mechanical drawings pan parts lists. Familiar with quality inspection requirements.Experience and knowledge of Lean Six Sigma Methodologies.Microsoft office products such as Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPointKnowledge data analysis software (e.g. Excel, Minitab, etc.) and of Simulation software (e.g. Arena, Pro model, or equivalent) Familiar with Environmental stress screening equipment and process Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with blueprints
- Value stream mapping
- Manufacturing simulation
- Conducting PFMEAs
- Conducting quality audits
- Strong analytical skills to interpret collected data, identify trends, and make data driven decisions for process improvements
- Continuous Improvement and Root Cause Corrective Action
Full-Time Salary Range: $76927 - $130790
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.