**This position will be based out of Columbus, OH or can work remotely. Traveling required 50% the first year and approximately 20% in subsequent years.**
This position provides leadership to drive the efficient utilization of 28 VSN SupplyNet and 14+ VFS fabrication facilities including facility production design and layouts, equipment, materials, personnel, and processes to improve efficiency of operations and create processes and technologies and that delivers best in class performance in Viking distribution and fabrication quality, safety, service, efficiencies, and culture.
- Quality - Analyzes process or product quality to help resolve or eliminate future customer issues. Provides analysis of new processes and equipment to improve internal performance or future customer service improvement. Coordinate and implement quality control objectives to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize cost.
- SOP's - Develops, reviews, updates, and maintains Viking safety, quality, and process standard operating procedures (SOP's).
- Technologies - Evaluates available technologies and equipment and determines those that would best fit within Viking VSN/VFS. Helps develop the business case to justify implementation, understanding costs, timing, savings, payback, and ROI (return on investment). These areas may include warehousing, pipe management systems, automation, racking, software, and/or delivery. Helps lead the implementation of those technologies and equipment from start to successful completion.
- Warehouse and Distribution Processes - Evaluates current warehousing processes and recommends opportunities to reduce/eliminate wasted time/steps and/or improve quality. Evaluates warehousing, WMS and other systems for use and sets standards for all VSN/ VFS locations.
- Expansions - Leads expansion projects and/or facility moves. Draft and design AutoCAD layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency.
- Productivity - Analyzes and establishes work measurements and standards for improved labor utilization. Evaluates engineered standards for VSN/VFS and implements if feasible and appropriate.
- Workflow - Plan and establish sequence of operations, as well as any fixturing to fabricate products. Prepares and analyzes diagrams, graphs, and spreadsheets to illustrate process workflows, routings, facility layouts, material handling, machines, production schedules, costs, and operational data. Recommends improvements that drive lowest total cycle time, costs, and highest levels of safety and quality.
- Software - Works with management to evaluate and implement new software and hardware.
- Training - Assists with the training of new employees and new processes/procedures for the warehouse floor. Helps establish a consistent Viking Training and Certification Program for all Operators and a program to train managers utilizing EDC and other internal resources.
- Costs/Profitability - Works with Accounting to establish/refine warehousing and fabrication labor and equipment costs. Evaluates VFS profitability and pricing and publishes margins by labor type and product category. Provides expertise and guidance to develop more efficient processes to improve costs position for plants.
- Projects - Develops, plans, and oversees implementation activities of various contractors, and other support personnel allocated to support the completion of assigned projects.
- Travel - Requires extensive travel to all VSN and fabrication shops (over 40% travel at times).
- New Product Support - Assist in New Product process evaluation and improvement as needed.
- Teamwork - Works effectively with all managers and team members.
- Bachelors degree in Industrial, Process or Manufacturing engineering with a minimum of five years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with the use of a personal computer for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, AutoCAD, electronic mail and internet communications
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to perform complex mathematics
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems and develop a solution
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Fitness Center Reimbursement, Boot Reimbursement