Analyzes and designs sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel and optimization of product flow.
- May manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations.
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- Based on these studies, develops and implements optimized product flow.
- May assist facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities.
- Develops and provides time standards to the shop floor as well as standard work for operations and processes.
- Utilizes analytical skills for capacity analysis, tool and equipment utilization as well as line balancing.
- Performs trend analysis of shop performance measures to identify opportunities for improvements
- Minimum of 6 years experience in an Industrial Engineer role
- Experience in an Aircraft or Aerospace Manufacturing environment
- Microsoft Office - advanced skill level
- Excel – programming skill level
- knowledge of IE Tools used in production ie: capacity analysis, facility layout and production improvements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Bachelor's Degree in industrial Engineering
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Requisition ID 2018-3609