Position Scope :
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Department Manager, the Electrical Control Engineer provides technical support to maintenance staff and in addition provides design engineeringsupport, assembly/installation supervision and commissioning in capital projects assigned.
Provide technical support in all electrical / electronic / process control aspects to maintenance staff and report results to the Maintenance Department Manager.
Design, commission and provide training concerning electrical control projects as assigned. This is inclusive of electrical loading calculations, panel layouts, boms, schematics, flow charts, cabling sheets and software documentation.
Recommend needed circuitry modifications to insure not only increased production efficiency, but also increased production personnel safety.
Liaise with maintenance staff and management to insure an open communication channel of uninterrupted feedback request for technical support.
Insure proper documentation of all projects, modifications and revisions concerning both hardware and software control aspects within the production facility.
- College Degree in ElectricalEngineering or demonstrated 10+ years of applicable experience
- Must possess strong communication and handwriting skills at an engineering level- should be able to clearly and precisely explain and document any hardware/software projects as well as problems and solutions.
- Computer literate - strong knowledge of computers required, including Microsoft Windows based operating systems, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Remain current with PLC equipment, software, and practices by attending courses at approved PLC manufacturers training centers.
- Lay out/ construct additional electricalcircuits or deleted circuits. Update any changes to electrical schematics.
- Troubleshoot, repair and adjust PLC electrical systems.
- Diagnose electrical problems using various meters and related equipment.
- Read and understand electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Working knowledge of single phase, three phase motor systems and control circuits.
- Ability to apply ANSI, IEC and NEMA standards design within the electrical industry.
- Knowledgeable of OSHA safety requirements. (29 CFR 1910)
- Strong knowledge of National Electrical Code. (NFPA 70) and Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E)
- Minimum of 5-8years in electrical control engineering
Job Type: Full-time