Our engineers are some of the most talented and engaged engineers in the industry. As a leader in providing industrial automation and integration services, we offer stimulating, challenging projects across various industries including, Food, Beverage, and Dairy. We work in small teams, build strong relationships with our colleagues and customers, and provide many opportunities for career development. For all these reasons and more, our Engineers have a strong sense of accomplishment and choose to call PREMIER home.
· Take a look at our compensation and benefits package
· We are a 100% Employee Owned ESOP Company
The Principal Engineer is a technical leader at PREMIER. They provide technical oversight and architecture decisions for assigned projects. The Principal Engineer acts as a resource for the sales team by providing technical direction and counsel, architecting solutions and closing opportunities with customers. This role also provides expertise in developing and managing the technical direction or active projects and of the company.
- Provides technical oversight for the architecture and design of projects as assigned.
- Maintains target funding level as defined by PREMIER performance metrics.
- Engages with project teams frequently, to ensure technical designs are executed appropriately.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in 1 or more areas (technology, platforms, applications) and technically proficient in multiple areas across PREMIER's business offerings.
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of industry trends in the application of industrial automation and information systems.
- Provides expertise in developing and managing the technical direction of the company.
- Actively participates in the development of employees through mentoring, coaching, and other performance management activities with the goal of growing Engineers' careers as well as ensuring PREMIER has the skills and capability to meet delivery goals.
- Creates, drives, and champions best practices, technical standards and technical training.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement activities at PREMIER, mainly focused on but not limited to creating and use of project methodologies, technical standards, and technical training.
- Assists in the development of vendor partnerships relationships with professional organizations.
- Develops and delivers technical and sales presentations to close sales opportunities.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the Lab environments.
- Able to manage and lead a small (3-5 member) team for project delivery as assigned.
- Minimum B.S. degree in engineering and 10 years of experience in delivery of technical solutions in the systems integration or similar industry.
- Recognized by their peers as a SME in at least one technical area.
- Must either have already obtained or be capable of obtaining a Professional Engineering license in state of residence.
- CCNA or equivalent
- 2+ years Industrial Network design and commissioning
- Capable of programming PLC or DCS based control systems